*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513286-A-New-Symptom---For-Me-and-an-old-one-too
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#513286 added June 5, 2007 at 6:44pm
Restrictions: None
A New Symptom - For Me, and an old one too
         Yep, you read it right. The last 36-48 hours have brought a new symptom, and a bout with an old one at a different time.
         As I took some things to the trash can and recycling bin in back of the house last night, going DOWN the driveway was no problem. But walking back UP the driveway brought on a new Fibro symptom - for me. The legs didn't hurt much at all at that point. But, they decided to be different. They decided they were almost too tired to do that walk back up the driveway. From the waist up, I felt fine. Wide awake, no back pain for once, all the good stuff. But from the waist down, I was dead tired. When I told her about it today on the phone from work, she put into words exactly what it felt like. See, she's had this one before. That's why it's only new for ME. Her response to my statement about how it felt was, "Yep, you end up telling your legs, 'C'mon, you can do this. Just a little farther, a little farther. One step at a time." Boy does she have THAT right! *Smile*
         And that old symptom? Fatigue. This time it hit me on the way home from work, not waiting for the weekend. And by the time I got here, just before 6:00 P.M., I was dragging. And Kenzie noticed it. When I commented about how I felt, she said, "Yeah, you look tired, too."
         In the next part of our conversation, she talked about going to the Kroger store this afternoon but only getting a few things because by the time she got those, HER energy was gone. She's going to get those other things tomorrow.
         These two examples, hers and mine, are EXCELLENT ones for one thing I've said before. With the two of us going through life with Fibro together, we have the luxury of not having to explain the fatigue, the many different pains, or anything about how we're feeling to each other in a way they can understand, like so many patients have to do, many defending themselves on a daily. Basis. We don't have to do that because OUR partner ALREADY understands the WHOLE story, in all the painful and tiring detail. And that, in itself, is a major relief to both of us, especially on our truly bad days.
         With the weather variations we're getting, we'll both have to wait and see what the next 24, 36 or 48 hours will bring each of us. I'll check in and let you know.
         May God bless all of you for your understanding and support in our daily battle.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513286-A-New-Symptom---For-Me-and-an-old-one-too