*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510297-Blurbs-about-samples
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207002
Whether the writing blues the writing highs, or just a question, I will post it here.
#510297 added May 22, 2007 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Blurbs about samples
The funny thing about being a video producer is that unless your client has a significant amount of experience, he or she is very much in the dark about how video is actually created and produced.  There are only two types of clients: 1) those who really do know what they are doing and, 2) those who think they do, but are quite in the dark.

Video and related technology isn't very interesting to most people, so it is understandable that many people don't care to be bothered with learning it. And why should they? That's why they have you.

Most of my video clients do not have enough of an interest in video production to learn much about it, but they do like to know how their money is being spent.  And with good reason!    This can make writing a proposal for such a client quite challenging.  How much is too much technical information?

Just today, I finished a one-page about three particular video samples I was presenting to a client. This client needs to understand how cost affects the look of each of these videos.  At first glance, the average viewer would not see a great difference and will not understand why one piece cost $8,000 and another of the same length is over $30,000.

Selecting the perfect word is especially challenging when communicating to someone not familiar with the vocabulary of your topic or profession.

Just today I finished writing a one-page on three video samples I was sending to a client.  I needed to explain how the budget affected each of the three pieces in such a way that they could see it when they watched each video.  I found it best to refer to words I had been able to explain in person.  For instance, the difference between a "broadcast quality camera" and a "pro-sumer" camera.  Quite difference.

In the end I was very please with what I had produced. Getting it down to one page and making it interesting AND informative was a challenge, but one that I think was successful.

© Copyright 2007 Julieann (UN: julieann110 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Julieann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510297-Blurbs-about-samples