*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510425-Good-Mouser---A-Conversation-with-Rain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#510425 added May 23, 2007 at 2:26am
Restrictions: None
Good Mouser - A Conversation with Rain
[Author's Note: Ok, so with her permission I thought I'd regal you all with a conversation I had with rain last night via Yahoo/MSN. Obviously, it's only a snippet of our conversation, the part relating to my very good black cat, Phantom. Those with a queasy stomach should ensure they have a bucket nearby.]

Rebecca: YAY! My cat just caught a mouse! Gosh this getting a cat idea was brilliant. *grins*

Rain: omg! Seriously? Like... just?
Rain: Is it all dead and bloody?


Rebecca: Yep, it's munching on it only a foot away.

Rain: EW! Well at least you don't have to pay for cat food now but still, ew.

Rebecca: Better than having the rodents running around the house like they used to.

Rain: lol true
Rain: also ew


Rebecca: Nah, not sure if Phantom will eat it. He didn't eat the last one.

Rain: Dammit there's no getting away from ew, is there!?
Rain: the last mouse?


Rebecca: I'll have to pick up the dead mouse once he's abandoned it.

Rain: Ohh okay. That's REALLY gross now.

Rebecca: Although... He's certainly crunching it at the moment.

Rain: ...
Rain: And you're watching this? and not throwing up or feeling nauseaus?


Rebecca: I love being able to gross you out with facts. *grins*
Rebecca: Of course, and hearing the bone crunching too.
Rebecca: Nah, I don't get grossed out by this sort of stuff.


Rain: oh pfft. You're making this up right? I mean exxegerating? With an a not an e

Rebecca: I might feel a bit icky picking up bits later but the cat's doing good. I'm proud. Proves that I got the right cat. Not all cats are good mousers but this ones great.

Rain: lol! Good for you. That's two mice right?

Rebecca: *wrinkles nose* Ok, ICK.

Rain: mousers or micers?

Rebecca: NOW I'm feeling sick.

Rain: What happened?

Rebecca: He's abandoned it, and it's only half a mouse. The guts hanging out and everything. Now THAT is gross.
Rebecca: Two down, two dozen to go. It would have been three but one got away after he'd caught it before. He had its head in it's mouth but hadn't managed to death grip it yet and it got free.


Rain: Rebecca, you're not touching that are you? Because that's just disgustingly... yuck! I really really feel sick. You probably shouldn't tell me anymore mice stories.

Rebecca: Not with my fingers, eww. Got to get a plastic bag to put it in so I can take it outside to the garbage.

Rain: *groans*

Rebecca: I can't exactly LEAVE it there.

Rain: Where is it?

Rebecca: I mean sure the dog would eat it if I let it but the kids might too. It's about a foot away on the living room floor in front of the fire.

Rain: The kids??

Rebecca: Both in bed. But no idea what they'd do if they found half a mouse on the floor.

Rain: Scream I hope?

Rebecca: Baby boy was very interested in the whole one this morning. I didn't let him touch it but he probably would have if I hadn't found it first. My daughter would scream the house down.
Rebecca: Aww, abandoned dead mousey and is on the prowl again. good kitty.


Rain: He likes the taste of mouse? That's just... weird! lol

Rebecca: He's a CAT, it's not weird for a cat to like catching mice.

Rain: I know, I know. But still, I'm imagining the taste of dead mouse and somehow it makes me wince.

Rebecca: It was weird when my dog did it though.

Rain: lol! Your dog catches mice too?

Rebecca: Yes, I don't think I'm brave enough to roast one up although I'm sure they do in some countries. He has done. He's not good at it like the cat is. The mice pretty much have to be injured or dying for him to succeed. But yes, he's caught a couple. He's a terrier so it's not unheard of. lol

Rain: Ohh lol He will eat them though?

Rebecca: Yes, and he'll eat them completely, not just half of them ICK.

Rain: Good for him.

Rebecca: I don't want his kisses though. He can keep his mouse eating tongue away from me.

Rain: ewwww mice flavoured licks. You should be calling for him now. Instant clean up job.

Rebecca: NOOOO just because he WILL eat them doesn't mean I want him to. That's gross.

Rain: lol okay. Saves you the trouble of picking up those guts though!

Rebecca: That's why mice have tails. Good thing it's the head that got eaten.

Rain: so you mean there's really a bloody guts-spilling-out-of-its-tummy dead mouse lying in front of your fireplace? and you're not afraid the floor will stain? It's like a totally different culture.

Rebecca: Want a photo?

Rain: NO! NOOOOO!

Rebecca: It won't stain. But will have to be cleaned up. Better do it now. BYE!

[Author's Note: Just to clarify, none of this was made up. Yes, the events actually occurred and even better, Phantom caught another mouse this morning and left it intact for me to clean up. I am hoping the entrails and eyeballs problems will be rare occurrences.]

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510425-Good-Mouser---A-Conversation-with-Rain