*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511663-Memorial-Day-Weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#511663 added May 29, 2007 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
Memorial Day Weekend
I didn't make it to the cemetary this weekend but I felt like my grandfather was with us all the same. My Uncle Paul cooked a roast and spent what had to be a small fortune on lobsters and steamers for us. It was nice. It reminded me of old times, happy ones. I think everyone had a total blast playing batmitten and just hanging out together. Even Kyra, well into the terrible toddler years, was well-behaved. I actually enjoyed her. I even got to share a very sweet moment with her, as she sang songs for Fatih and I nestled into the hammock with us. It was a warm, nice afternoon and I could honestly imagine my grandfather looking down on us. My brother and sister were missing. Dustin and Angela weren't ready to venture out with the new baby yet and my sister couldn't drive down because one of her horses was sick. It was strange to not have them there but the day seemed full with family just the same.

Today the office is deadly quiet. I'm catching up on things and hoping that this is merely the calm before the storm. I hate not being busy, it makes the days drag and the anxiety mount. We need a good few strong months to make up for a year of struggling.

© Copyright 2007 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511663-Memorial-Day-Weekend