*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512654-6307
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#512654 added June 3, 2007 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
6/3/07
It rained yesterday!!! Thank you Tropical Storm Barry. We sure needed the rain so bad. It was wonderful to wake up to the sound of the pitter patter on the roof. It was a soft gentle rain that I love so much. There was no thunder, no lightning. It put me in a peaceful, reflective mood.

I ran some errands, and then decided to go to the large home improvement store in town to check out the male population there. I know, it sounds cheesy. Do I care? Not really. It don't hurt to look. I got a few nice smiles, so that made me happy. I eventually decided I needed to buy something instead of pushing an empty cart around. I didn't want staff there to think I was trying to steal stuff. LOL I ended up getting a couple flats of petunias and some birdfeed.

A while ago, my son and I planted some wild flower seeds around the trunk of a tree in my yard. They never took root. Every time I went out to water, my son would ask if I watered "his" flowers. So, since he's gone for the entire month, I thought I'd pull a fast one on him. I planted the petunias in the same place where we had planted the seeds that never took. When he gets back in July, he'll see them and think he planted them!!! I can't wait to see the look on his face!!!

Today, I'm starting to do a deep clean in Joe's room. It's hard to do that when he's here, because he's such a packrat, and wants to save EVERYTHING!!! So, I've got a trash bag in his room and am purging the things he doesn't need or use. I'm hoping I can find the mates to the socks in the sock bag in my laundry room. This is the prelim to shampooing the carpet in his room. I have to FIND the carpet before I can shampoo it.

Other than doing that, I'll watch the Nascar race on tv, and read some. I also went to the library yesterday and checked out some more cheesy romance novels. Since I don't have any romance in my life now, I can live vicariously through the romance novels. It's pretty pathetic, I know. It's a cryin shame that someone as wonderful as me doesn't have a "special someone" in their life. I know exactly what I want, and have no intention of settling for less than that. Maybe one day it will happen, but I'm not gonna pitch a tent on my pity pot about it.

I'm thinking about doing some volunteer work of some sort. Hopefully my hand issues will settle down so that I will be able to. For now, I'm gonna work on getting my house deep cleaned. That will keep me busy for a day or two. After that, who knows? Maybe the universe will point me in the direction I need to go.

I guess that's about all for today. I hope all who read this is doing well and is at peace. Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512654-6307