*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515263-Something-I-always-enjoyed-doing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#515263 added June 14, 2007 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
Something I always enjoyed doing...
...now ends up giving me quick Fibro pain.
          The scenario: I had someone who recently won a Steinway player grand similar to mine at an auction come to see mine this afternoon. I took a half day of vacation to demonstrate it for him. He was originally looking at buying mine till he won the other one. But his has some problems. The restoration done on it was half-baked. Not done properly in at least two key areas.
         So he wanted to hear mine to see what his SHOULD be doing, and to be able to give a friend of his an accurate "pep talk" about buying mine for himself.
         Part of our discussion meant crawling underneath the piano and watching the motion of the parts of the mechanism most critical to recreating the live performance done by the artist.
         We were crawling around under there about 10 minutes. But within about 10-15 minutes after we finished that crawling and got back on our feet, my legs and back started killing me, and they're still going at it. My bet, after talking things over with Kenzie, is that if I was still doing this on a daily basis like I was years ago with dad on evenings and weekends, that the Fibro pain wouldn't be nearly as bad.
         Kenzie had read something recently that CONSISTENT exercise, over time, can make the pain of Fibro back off. I don't have the space to get back to working on these consistently right now, but that would be one way of getting consistent exercise that I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of. *Smile*
         I'll be helping Philip Chang, the gentleman who came this afternoon, get his working properly, but that won't be consistent exercise because it won't be daily or weekly. It'll be sporatic because of his unusual work schedule and days off. So for the moment I think I'll start getting back to nightly walks, and maybe a bit of bike riding as many evenings as the weather will allow. Then I'll work the piano work into things as I can. We'll see if I can manage to prove what Kenzie read. This one will take some time, so there will likely be a good number of entries here in the meantime. But when I reach a point of seeing some results, in either direction, I'll let you know. Any questions, ask. And please keep those prayers going about our finding a sale for the piano. That would still be a big help to us. As soon as the news goes off I'm going to take that oversize walk "around the block" for about 1/2 hour. See you all next time.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515263-Something-I-always-enjoyed-doing