*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515666-Babel-Me-Babylon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#515666 added June 17, 2007 at 4:49am
Restrictions: None
Babel Me Babylon
I have had much evidence this week that even when I think things are limited, they certainly are not. Sometimes I just slip to that place where it feels like there's a climb ahead in order to keep my Ideals high. Partly of my own making, the week had to stretch out before us with a negligible amount of available money. I wanted to let it happen with out (much) worry. I wanted to see if it was something that could be endured by the household. I actually felt kitchen creativity like I haven't in a long time. I also felt more willing to be the meal-maker. The funny thing is, the nearly empty frig looks so full now, at the end of the week, as small portions of leftovers populate it. This is one visible manifestation of what I noticed.

Saturday, I also allowed myself the freedom to explore along with my daughter. She's been great getting to know neighbors, and I just went along for the ride today. On a day when I really thought I couldn't go anywhere (the gas tank is so low, I can only rely on a fill-up once I meet up with my father at church on Sunday.) By riding along with our generous neighbor, I spent an hour at the beach. And at a time that I've bemoaned losing two important contcts in my life to impending out-of-state moves, I feel I've made a new friend today.

I sent out an email to another friend and only refer to it in my entry title, because I wonder where my reply is, but I'm not going to get neurotic over it. While spending my relazing day with the girls today, I read an article about the Japanese actress in the movie Babel. I realize that now I have to go rent it; she played a deaf character. That's a linchpin issue of the movie's communication theme, and it intrigues me very much.

© Copyright 2007 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515666-Babel-Me-Babylon