*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515894-Rotating-Visitation
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#515894 added June 18, 2007 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Rotating Visitation
Last week my 14 year old cousin, Annie, graduated from eighth grade, which my parents went to IL for her graduation. When they came home they brought Annie with them. For the past few years we have been taking her and her brothers for a week or two in the summer. This year they decided they wanted to split their visits, which is why only Annie came back with my parents.

This summer worked out better than in the past since my mom is currently laid-off and able to spend more time with her. I typically take a day off to spend alone with them...quarlity cousin bonding! *Smile* I picked her up on Wednesday evening, we went to dinner and then I took her to my church for a mid-week session. She enjoyed it and said it was very similar to her church. She was laughing at me because I was nervous since it was my first time and she forced me to sit smack dab right in the center of everything instead of in the corner where I like to hide. Guess it was good for me, but still a little stressful for my shy self! *Laugh* After we went to rent a movie and by time it was over we both crashed. The next day we got ready and drove around looking for a place to paint pottery, but the places I had been to before were all gone and information was no help to us. So we found our way over to the mall, which she was really impressed by because it was 3 stories and had a bridge over the road connecting two parts of the mall. I like people easily impressed! *Smile* After grabbing lunch we decided to hit Build-A-Bear. She told me that is the only stuffed animal she has. How is it possible for a kid to grow up without stuffed animals?? *Confused* It was a lot of fun building and dressing our animals. I made a monkey and named it Tom (my nephews previously made a dog named Jack and a bear named Annie so I couldn't leave Tom out). Annie made a bear that was white with blue lightly through it and named it Icey...very cute!! Our day ended with ice cream and hanging out at my mom's until it was time for me to head home.

On Sunday my parents met my aunt & uncle half way and dropped Annie off and picked up Jack and Tom, which they will be with us until next Sunday. Annie was sad to go, but the boys were more than happy to have a break from home. I feel bad for these kids...their home life is not very good; however, the way they've been raised is excellent...they are the sweetest, most appreciative kids I've been around in a long time. They never ask for anything and are overly excited and thankful if you let them do or buy anything.

I think my day with the boys will be at a place that has go carts, putt putt golf, batting cages, laser tag, and video games...wish me luck! *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515894-Rotating-Visitation