*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/516775-Temple-of-Ra-and-Thoth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1172973
The story of a girl who finds that her brother and her lives are based on a phrophocy
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#516775 added June 22, 2007 at 4:53pm
Restrictions: None
Temple of Ra and Thoth
The train stopped in the middle of the night while Raj and I were sleeping catching us both off guard.

"Wakey, Wakey. This is our stop so get your things and meet me outside." Kir gently whispered.

"But were in the middle of the dessert." I said fully awoken as I peeked outside and saw nothing but sand.

"The temple you’re going to be staying in is very secret, so we have it where no one would look."

"I better not have sand in my bed." Raj said as he stretched out in his usual lethargic manner at night.

"Don't worry everything will be alright just fallow me and I will protect you." Kir smiled causing me to suddenly get a cold feeling.

As Raj and I prepared to depart from the train I found myself in somewhat of a good mood.

"Why are you so happy this time of night?" Raj asked with a yawn as we left our compartment.

"I'm just looking for some reason to be happy right now and since there's a full moon i'm going to milk it for all its worth." I told him with a smile as we stepped out from the train into the crisp night air.

"Well if you find a bed out there in the sand, let me know and I’ll be just as happy." Raj joked.

"Good to see your both in a good mood. It's a walk but trust me you’re going to love it when we get there." Kir smiled as he reached out for our hands and started walking south of the train.

We walked for hours in the Egyptian sands. If it wasn’t for the fact that it was night and cold I’m sure we would have died of dehydration and stroke. Luckily when either me or Raj were too weak to continue walking Kir would kindly give us piggy back rides off and on. I ignored my instinct to run from him because of his kindness. After all he did save our lives and give us a new home all in one day.

"We're almost there Raj, I think it's time you stopped drooling on me." Kir laughed as he tried to wake up a very deep sleeping Raj on his back.

"...5 more minutes...." Raj mumbled.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes as I walked behind Kir and kicked Raj in the butt causing him to fall into the sand.

"What was that for!?"

"It's time to wake up big butt! Did you even think Kir might be tired to from carrying us off and on?" I asked with a stomp.

"Didn’t have to kick me though!"

"You’re awake aren’t you?" I teased only to earn a glare from Raj that only a brother can give and not get hurt.

"Will you two stop fighting, we're here." Kir chided as he motioned for us to look over the sand dune he was now standing at.

It would be an understatement to say how astounded Raj and I were by the sight before us.

“This is the temple were staying at?” Raj asked with his eyes wide.

“This is the temple of Ra and Thoth, which will now be your home.” Kir smiled.

Raj and I looked at each other before we grasped each others hands and started singing in a circle.

“Were living in a pyramid, were living in a pyramid, woooo” We laughed before we dropped our things and ran towards the mammoth sized temple of stone in the distance.


(a/n: This story will be private for a little while beacuse i have to redo it for the way i originally planned to write it. Not much of the story will change but this is more of a prologue so far and it's not as exciting as the actual story.)



"as human beings we share three truths that make us the same.we live,learn,and die.everything else everything that cant be copied like the impressions on the hearts of those we love is what makes us unique"


"as human beings we share three truths that make us the same.we live,learn,and die.everything else everything that cant be copied like the impressions on the hearts of those we love is what makes us unique"
© Copyright 2007 domonique bouty (UN: marzell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
domonique bouty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/516775-Temple-of-Ra-and-Thoth