*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517389-Gahenna-Texas-Prologue
by Collin
Rated: 13+ · Book · Supernatural · #1281443
Good and evil rage as a teachers battles to stop the end of the world.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#517389 added June 25, 2007 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Gahenna, Texas Prologue
         Since man came upon this Earth magic has existed and man has been drawn to those mystical arts.  As the intellect of man grew so did his ability to use this power in its many forms.  Then man became over confident of his abilities and began to feel that he had control over the forces of magic, this is when the power split.  Magic had started as a driving force in the universe, connected to everything and everyone, however, now it had changed.  Magic formed two distinct and different forces, one called white and one black.  Man, being the most destructive force ever to walk the Earth, was naturally drawn towards the darker side of it.  There were the few that gravitated towards the lighter side and they became, over time, to be known as protectors or guardians.
         It fell to the guardians to defend mankind and all forms of life on this Earth against those who might bring forth harm, but unfortunately, those proud bloodlines became lost in a myriad of turmoil among the righteous men of Christ, the devout followers of Satan, and the true threats to us all, the men and women whom had learned to use the black arts for their own gain.  Those guardians were forced into hiding and over the centuries became lost, even those that were now left the responsibility to protect didn’t know who they themselves were.  Those men and women are all born with certain gifts that they have choked up to flights of fancy or coincidence.  They have the ability to heal, to see things that others may not, to read dreams, and the gift of premonition. 
These men and women may ultimately choose to flee from their responsibilities as guardians and take up arms with the brothers of the night, but there will one day be a test.  During the days of the Druid a child was born without eyes and he was blessed with a gift of greater sight than any seeing man.  This child, while laying upon his death bed after a brutal attack against his people spilled forth a prophecy as the blood bubbled from between his lips.
He prophesized the coming of the end.  He spoke of the lost knowledge of who the guardians and the wielders of the dark arts were.  Yet he painted a brilliant picture of a fierce battle that would quickly rise between the two sides.
“A group of unenlightened shall bring it forth and that is when the world will wake from its slumber of ignorance.  This will be a time of terrible fear and loss.  Hell itself shall boil and overflow, brining with its vile vapors, demons and beasts of all kinds and it shall fall at the feet of a few to restore the balance between the two sides.  It is then that man shall…”  Those were the final dying words of the young Druid Prophet.
Since Earth’s creation there has been a battle raging just outside the scope of our reality.  Many have called this battle good and evil, heaven and hell, when in fact is nothing more than man against himself.  When man can finally lay down his weapons against his own internal battle, balance will be restored, however, that can not happen without strife and all too soon the young Druid’s prophesy shall came to pass.  Battles from the shadows will spill over into reality until the curtain of separation between both realms is gone, then it will be up to the fates to call forth the Guardians to drive hell back to where it came.  Will the fates allow this?  Is man worth saving from himself and the powers that he possesses?  Some think so.


Collin K. McKnight
collinmcknight@writing.com
www.http://writing.com/authors/collinmcknight
© Copyright 2007 Collin (UN: collinmcknight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Collin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517389-Gahenna-Texas-Prologue