*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517645-The-Voice
Rated: ASR · Book · Drama · #1278621
A collection of Short Stories mainly written as Assignments.
#517645 added July 2, 2007 at 12:31am
Restrictions: None
The Voice
                                                        The Voice

[Genesis II Assignment 7 by Umer Amir]

The road was silent and dark. Long shadows of trees (*tree shadows* which is better?) were silently sleeping on the sideways. Sky was clear. Moon was off duty and the stars were struggling hard to over power mesmerizing Venus. June in Islamabad is strange. It is hot like hell in day-time, but as the night approaches, the clear skies and the smiling Venus mystifies the milieu and the pleasant breeze whispers divine secrets in your ears.

“Look at you? Where are your dream and those promises?” A voice was echoing in my head. I was walking down the silent road. It was dark but the purplish cloak was almost invisible to me. I was gripped by the voice speaking inside my head.

“Ha Ha Ha,” the voice laughed, “you fool, you thought life is what you find in books and stories. You believed that it is about dreaming and making them reality.

“Look at you. Where are your dreams? Where are your dreams for those dreams? Accept it! You are a loser…”

“Shut the f*** up," I almost screamed.

“No, I am not a looser. Falling is part of standing. Come on Umer, this is just the beginning,” I told myself.

At the far-end of the road two yellow spots appeared. They started to grow brighter and larger. A huge truck, roaring angrily and blowing a dust cloud, bypassed me.

“You cannot ignore me," the voice reappeared.

“No matter how much you try to elude into this materialistic world, you cannot escape me. I live inside you. You have always tried to ignore me. But you cannot escape my words. They will keep on showing you your real face, the face of a crumbled human.”

“Aaaaaah! Oh God help me…,” I yelled, holding my head in both hands.
© Copyright 2007 DrEaMer (UN: umer-amir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DrEaMer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517645-The-Voice