*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515828-That-Moment
Rated: ASR · Book · Drama · #1278621
A collection of Short Stories mainly written as Assignments.
#515828 added June 18, 2007 at 3:12am
Restrictions: None
That Moment
[Both in Active and Passive Voice as Assignment for Genesis II_WEEK 6]

The chair in my room was too comfortable to concentrate on The Black Book of English Grammar. After dozing for 15 minutes, I finally decided to go downstairs and bring straight-back dining chair.

The light of the dining room was on. I wondered who is still awake. Silently, I went down the stairs and opened the door. She was sitting on the dining table. For a fraction of second, our eyes met.

Something changed in that fraction of a second. Initially I felt numb. I knew something had happened. But my nervous system was not being able to decipher it.

I picked up the chair and came back to my room. All of this was done mechanically. It was when I realized that I have been reading one sentence for last 15 minutes, I found myself sitting on a straight-back sort of uncomfortable chair.

We humans are basically disbelievers. Throughout our lives, Mr. Experience keeps on trying, again and again, to convert us into believers. I was one of the staunch disbelievers of love at first sight. But that night I was made to learn my lesson (Passive Voice) .

God is my best friend. We keep on playing pranks on each other. His pranks are sometimes simply funny and sometimes painfully funny. But I have always enjoyed his sense of humor. On that night, I didn’t new that the prank played on me was not even close to funny. It would only turn into pain. A suffering that will become a part of me.

I went to bed earlier than normal examination routine. Half of my course was not even touched by me.  Despite repeated efforts to concentrate, a faster heart beat and hollowness of mind kept me focused on themselves. Finally, fed-up, I switched off lights and hid my face under the blanket. The drumbeat inside my chest became more obvious.
© Copyright 2007 DrEaMer (UN: umer-amir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DrEaMer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515828-That-Moment