*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518017-Just-wanted-to-share
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#518017 added June 29, 2007 at 6:35am
Restrictions: None
Just wanted to share...
Just wanted to share a review of THE WOLF'S TORMENT with you. This is by Judi Davis, a friend of mine who I've known since 1986, and just recently re-connected with on the internet.

You can also visit her blog at:

http://judithldavis.com/blog/

************

Review:

The Wolf's Torment by SG Cardin

This past weekend I was taken away to Moldavia. The Wolf's Torment had me from the beginning to the end. A book set in Romania in the 1800's during a time of political change. It is a region of the world still hanging on to old mystics, but wanting to merge with the modern world. With the taint of witches, gypsies, vampires and werewolves how do they over come?

Mihai, the hero, struggles with coming of age, becoming a husband, father and king. The prologue tell us of how he lost his mother and we learn from the very beginning how strong he is. We learn to love the man he is trying to become, for himself, his parents, his wife and his country.

Theresa, Mihai's arranged marriage, struggles with her own set of torments. She must deal with her husband coping with his life as well as the consequences of his past. There are also secrets to her past that she will try to unravel.

Viktor's journey is the one of the wolf. He is Mihai's best friend and boarding school comrade. His transformation after the bite of a werewolf is one that rivets the reader. It will keep you wondering what will happen next. He struggles with the man he is and the werewolf he becomes every full moon. This affects all that know him. You keep reading to know if he will overcome all his torments.

The Wolf's Torment is definitely a page turner. You do not want to put it down. It is one of those stories that is written with the skill that will pull you in. S.G. Cardin draws you into the surroundings and to the characters lives. She spins an excellent tale that leaves you feeling like you are actually in the 1800's in Moldavia. Definitely a good read. It is a book that I highly recommend.




© Copyright 2007 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518017-Just-wanted-to-share