*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519703-Catching-up--inspiration
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#519703 added July 7, 2007 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Catching up & inspiration
Well, I've neglected you, my poor blog, so let's catch up.

3 July we took the boat over to Catalina Island. Joseph was a good sport, but he stayed propped up on mine or Brent's shoulder the entire time. The boat was small and it made for a choppy ride, but we made it. Andrew was very excited to get to "Cat-a-lina."

We took a taxi ride to the condo in Hamilton Cove where were staying. The condo was nice and there was plenty of room. We planned out our meals and I was very impressed at how affordable it was. Brent grilled on the grill on the balcony. We had a great view of the ocean, and on Tuesday and Wednesday, the cruise ships were just off the coast. "The Paradise," from the Carnaval line was the same ship we took a cruise on back in August 2005.

The golf cart was low key but fun. The USC marching band kicked off the parade and there's nothing like live band music. I'm a USC fan now. Haha!! Heck if you ask me, the Trojan is pretty cool! One of the band members even came up to Joseph in the golf cart (Brent was holding him) and shook his hand. I wish I could have been quicker on the camera for that pic, but I wasn't! Sigh...

The people in the golf carts threw out candy and 4th of July beads. Andrew collected all of Joseph's candy for him. Haha!! It lasted about an hour, but it was fun. We rode the condo's golf cart down to the parade route and parked on the side of the road so we had a vintage view.

That night we drove into town and watched the fireworks. Joseph slept threw them, and Andrew complained they were too loud. I chucked, happy that his operation to put tubes in his ear was a success! hehe. *Laugh*

The next day we just walked around Catalina. Andrew wanted to go swim, but we didn't have enough time. It was a really nice, low key 4th and everyone was so friendly. If anything, I was little disappointed with the fireworks show because there was no wind to blow the smoke so after 5-10 minutes of the fireworks going off, the new fireworks would explode in the lingering smoke cloud and you couldn't see it very well.

The boat ride back to San Pedro was better. We were on a cartamaran and that handled the waves better. The next day Brent and I went to see the Dodgers (we left the kids with Grammie!) because it was Rafeal Furcal bobblehead night. We're addicated to collecting them. Unfortunately, they lost. Go figure. Today I'm trying to catch up on everything!

***********

The Muse

In trying to network and "get out" there more I've been visiting other websites and trying to get around. Some of the places I've trying to be more active at are:

Mike's Writing Workshop, a yahoo group about writing.

My Space - I have an account there, I haven't quite figured out how to spiff up my page. I'm addicated to THE TUDORS and they have a great fan site for THE TUDORS over there. Now if only I can a ROME one...

Author's Den - I been trying to read and review more. Nick Pacoine (you either love or hate him) is putting together a Tabloid Purposes 4 and I'm going to enter a story for his anthology.

The Forums at Writer's Digest - I've got a couple of posts up there now. They had a good one up about publishing on Lulu - which I think I'll make the topic of a future blog since I published HISTORY with Lulu.

I try to pop in and follow Jennifer Jackson's blog. She's a hard working agent whose blogging. She's not quick Miss Snark, but she's got some good insight.

I hope to expand to more places. Right now, I submitted WOLF'S TORMENT to the Hollywood Book Festival. Cross your fingers for me! But, I got to thinking, as I gear up...

What keeps the muse going? After all, I've taken a good chuck of my time away from writing to get out there and market my material. I'm focusing with the internet, but I also need to work on local marketing efforts. (and soon as I get my reviews back, I hope to do that)

Well, while I've got plenty of ideas floating around my head, I've head to actually write a story. I think the last one I actually wrote was "The Nymph and the Field Mouse," for the official WDC writing contest.

Anyhow - to keep the muse properly focused, I'm going to take some time out this weekend to work on Nick Pacoine's story. I'm also doing articles for Associated Content. I'm really impressed with them. So far I've got a couple of articles published for them.

While all this going on, the muse wants me to take notes. I realize that since the birth of my 2nd son, my writing time is limited. I must spend more hours on Mommy things and housework. So...

#1 Take notes - have a notepad, write down little ditties I can work with later.
#2 Try to dedicate at least one hour to writing SOMETHING.
#3 Try to read a little a day. Currently I'm trying to go through Judith McNaught's "Whitney, My Love." (and boy do I have some comments on that, which is another great entry for a future blog.)

That said, how does your muse keep you busy? How do you try to satisify it while doing your every day life? Ami.... haha!! emmyloo I know you've got your hands full! So do you Starr Phenix How do you balance the muse and the house?

See you soon with thoughts on McNaught and publishing with Lulu.


© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519703-Catching-up--inspiration