*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519982-Chapter-One
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#519982 added July 8, 2007 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter One::
Chapter One:

Mt. Confer was a quiet town. A sleepy town. Nothing much happen out in Mt. Confer. In fact, the residents had only the Mt. Confer street parade on the 27th of June and Mt. Confer day on the 14th of May to look forward too.
Being a small town, it would be expected that crime was little, and the police sat around all day doing nothing. Of course, if you asked the police, the would disagree. They were always running around solving crime and chasing criminals. On a rare occasion, there was even a high-speed chase.
         
‘ Mt. Confer 001 to Mt. Confer 386. Copy?’
Jacob Brown, a constable at Mt. Confer jerked himself awake at the sound of Sergeant Neil Sarsh on the radio.
         Jacob had short brown hair and freckles. He was slightly tanned. He was 27 and loved worms. He knew the scientific names of worms and was once going to be worm farmer.
Jacob was out on patrol with senior constable Emma Woreen, but had been daydreaming of life in Sydney, where he had started his career as a cop, and finished his last two years in the army.
He had been friends with all his colleagues, but had been best friends, and roommates, with fellow constable Sam Hin, and Pete Cosh, who was in the army.
But after transferring to Mt. Confer three months ago, Jacob had made a new set of friends, and even a girlfriend, Constable Julie Narm.
‘Mt. Confer 386 copy,’ replied redheaded senior constable Emma Woreen, who was driving.
Emma Woreen was 36 with red hair. She wore it in a bun like the rest of the girls, and had freckles. She was left handed like Susie, another senior constable. She had acrophobia (fear of height), but still loved flying around like her husband, Paul.
‘Michael and Susan need you to put some speed traps up on the on Osprey Road. There’s a drunk driver speeding Bluebird Road. I’m sending out constable Tark to help.’
‘We’re on it,’ replied Emma.

After leaving West Road and heading through Confer drive, Jacob and Emma turned onto Confer Drive where they saw Kelly Tark, already setting up speed traps.
Constable Kelly Tark was 25. She was single but was still looking for the guy of her dreams. She loved sushi and make up, and hated snakes and bugs.
‘Here we are’ said Emma.
‘Good,’ replied Kelly. ‘I was wondering when you would get here’.
As the three worked, Emma listened for sirens. Suddenly she heard them.
‘They’re coming,’ she said.
‘We haven’t finished,’ pointed out Jacob.
‘We’ll have to hope he doesn’t go through that spot,’ she replied.
The three hopped into their cars, drove them into the bushes, and waited.
The car came up, took one look at Emma and threw something into the bushes. Then, he looked at the road and steered out of the way of the speed traps.
‘Oh crap,’ said Emma realising her mistake. In her eagerness to see the show, she had put her head up to far. She could be seen.
Whoosh! Susan and Michael went through the same gap.
Emma stepped out of the ditch and looked ashamed. Then stopped and looked thoughtful.
‘He threw something out of the window,’ she told the other two.
‘Didn’t see anything,’ said Kelly.
‘GET OUT OF THE WAY!’ shouted Jacob
‘Huh?’ Emma ran out of the way, but Kelly didn’t.
‘ARRRGGG!’ she screamed, diving into the bushes.
A car was coming at them and put on the brakes, only too late. POP POP! POP POP!
All four of the car tires popped.
The driver of the car lost control and sped into the ditch. Right towards Emma and Jacob!          
Jacob ran, but Emma could only cower. Jacob pulled her to safety.
SMASH! Went the car, hitting a tree
© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519982-Chapter-One