*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519994-Chapter-Eight
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#519994 added July 8, 2007 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Eight:

         It was the following night, and Jacob, Kelly, Julie, Michael and Mark were on duty.
         ‘Truth of dare?’ Jacob asked Julie.
         ‘Truth,’ replied Julie.
         ‘Okay, would you rather kiss a toad, or eat moose liver?’
         ‘Um…’ said Julie. ‘Probably eat moose liver.’
         ‘Same,’ replied Jacob
         ‘Kelly, truth or dare?’ asked Julie.
         ‘Dare,’ said Kelly bravely.
         ‘I dare you to kiss Michael’
         ‘Yuck!’ said Kelly in disgust. ‘Julie, you can keep him.’
         ‘You’ve got to do it,’ teased Julie.
         Jacob laughed.
         ‘Don’t you laugh Jacob ‘cos you’re gonna get it,’ said Kelly.
Suddenly Jacob stopped.
         ‘Look,’ he said. ‘Someone pushed something under the door.
         Kelly and Julie looked at the monitor where the security camera viewing was.
         ‘Get Mark,’ he said as he rushed out the door to see who it was.
         Jacob ran out onto the door of the station and looked for the deliverer of the letter, which he saw as he ran out the building. He saw them, far ahead. He bolted after the person. But after a couple of seconds, he realized he had lost the person. He jogged slowly back the station.
         When he returned, Mark was showing Kelly and Julie the message. He looked at it:

To whom this may concern,

After the robbery had taken place, I was disturbed, and therefore, unable to correctly answer the questions, from shock. Now however, I realize this and wish to correct my mistakes.
First of all, I believe Mr. Barns; manager of the Mt. Confer bank is guilty. Mr. Barns says he is in Russia on holidays but isn’t really. He has a car similar to the car in the robbery, and is the same build as the gunman in the robbery.
This might not be enough but I trust you will look into it.

Happy to help,

Sharon Parback

‘We’ve got our man,’ whispered Julie.

         *          *          *          

‘POLICE!’ shouted Neil.
He burst into the front door, and Josh, Kelly and Susan went through the side and back doors.
They were at the Mr. Barns’s house on 26 East Street.
‘Clear,’ called out Neil after he did a quick scan of the kitchen.
‘POLICE! DON’T MOVE!’ shouted Josh from the hallway.
Neil rushed over, just as Susan and Kelly moved over to where Josh and Mr. Barns were, Mr. Barns moving his hands to his head, as his wife watched in silence.
‘Officers? What’s going on here?’ demanded Mr. Barns.
‘You know,’ said Susan.
‘No I don’t,’ he argued as he looked at Susan’s badge. ‘Senior constable Fie,’ he finished.
‘Yes you do,’ she said. ‘You remember the robbery don’t you?’
‘No,’ he replied sounding upset.
Susan said nothing, but she held up some handcuffs.

Later, after Mark had finished questioning the manager, Neil called over Mark.
‘So, what did he say?’
‘He said he wanted to go to Russia on holiday, but he couldn’t afford it, so they’re having a “holiday” at home, with no bills and no worries.’
‘What do you think?’
‘I think he’s a liar.’

© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519994-Chapter-Eight