*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519995-Chapter-Nine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#519995 added July 8, 2007 at 10:17pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Nine:

         ‘Hey boss? Did you get the warrant?’ Mark asked.
         ‘No Mark,’ said Craig as he hung up he coat.
         ‘Damn,’ replied Mark.
         Craig went to his office and shut the door. He had to finish the reports on Ashley and Emma, and make some important phone calls, which would result in more paperwork, which had to be sent to his boss, inspector Marr in Sladin.
         He had been working for half an hour when Kelly poked her head around the door.
         ‘Yes?’ he asked.
         ‘Doctor Clard called, she’s on line one,’ She said.
         ‘Okay,’ said Craig as he picked up the phone and turned it to line one.
         ‘Senior sergeant Dowl speaking,’ he said.
         ‘Hello, this is Doctor Clard from the Sladin hospital speaking, I’m ringing about two patients, Mrs. Emma Woreen, and Mrs. Ashley Carn.’
         ‘Okay, how are they going?’
         ‘Mrs. Carn’s making a full recovery. She’ll be allowed out today, but she can’t go back to work until the swelling goes down, so that will be a few days. Mrs. Woreen however, is feeling fine, but I don’t want her out until she’s 100% better; she’s having nightmares about cars.’
         ‘That’s a shame,’ replied Craig.
         They chatted for a while, about Ashley and Emma’s health, until Doctor Clard said she had to go. Then Craig hung up, and went out into the main room.
         ‘Good news,’ he announced. ‘ Ashley will be out of hospital today!’ There was a cheer. ‘ She’ll be allowed back at work in a few days, when the swelling goes down.’
         ‘What about Emma?’ asked Susan.
         ‘She’ll be allowed out soon. I don’t know when,’ replied Craig. ‘Oh, and by the way. Mark can you go down to the bank and let the staff know that the thief is locked away? They’ll probably feel much better.’
         ‘Yeah, I’ll go now,’ replied Mark, getting up from his seat.

         Mark drove down to the bank in the police modified car. He arrived, and walked in.
         ‘Hello, detective senior constable Zamby,’ said Sharon smiling. ‘What can I do for you?’
         ‘ What can I do for you?’ asked Mark in reply. ‘Thanks to you, we’ve got Mr. Barns under arrest.
         ‘What?’ asked Sharon. ‘How did I help? And did Mr. Barns, our boss rob us? Oh my god, I can’t believe Mr. Barns would do that! He seemed so nice!’
         ‘Hang on,’ stopped Mark. What do you mean “how did you help”. You sent us that letter.’
         ‘What letter?’ asked Sharon.
         ‘This letter,’ said Mark, showing her the letter.
         ‘Sharon was speechless. ‘They… they… they forged my signature! Whoever it was forged my Signature!’
         ‘We’ve got a problem,’ said Mark. You better come down the station.

         ‘Hello Mrs. Parback,’ said Craig, when Mark and Sharon entered the station. ‘What’s wrong Mark?’
         ‘Someone forged Sharon’s signature,’ he replied.
         ‘So the letter was fake?’ concluded Craig.
         ‘Yep,’ said Sharon.

         ‘Sharon, do you know any one who has that writing like that?’ Questioned Mark a few minutes later in the interview room.
         Sharon shook her head. ‘Nope.’
         Mark questioned Sharon for a few minutes, before standing up.’ ‘Well obviously, that letter was fake, probably to frame Mr. Barns. We’ll have to let him go.’
         Mark went outside and looked at the security cameras displaying the holding cells and saw Mr. Barns sitting on his bed, and ‘Tattoo” was pacing.
         ‘Josh, can you let Mr. Barns out?’

         *          *          *          

         The next day, when Mark came in, a surprise was waiting for him.
         ‘Have you got the –,’ asked Mark.
         ‘Yes! I have the friggen warrant,’ interrupted Craig.
         ‘Finally,’ sighed Mark. ‘I’m going to search that baby now.’
         
         Mark got Josh, Michael, Kelly, and Susan to help.
         When they arrived, Mark knocked on the door. A fat man in an apron, with black hair opened.
         ‘We’re closed,’ he said, starting to close the door. Mark held it open.
         ‘Mr. Vonice? We’re here to search the place,’ he said pushing the warrant into his hands.
         The group of officers all trooped inside.
         ‘What’s in the basement?’ Mark asked.
         ‘Nothing much,’ Mr. Vonice replied.
         ‘Well then, you won’t mind us having a look,’ said Mark.
         The group of officers searched the basement several times. They found nothing. Finally Mark called off the search.
         When they were back in their cars, Kelly radioed Mark.
         ‘What now?’ She asked.
         ‘We go under cover,’ he replied. 
 

© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519995-Chapter-Nine