*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521930-MEN-Not-a-rant-dont-be-afraid
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#521930 added July 18, 2007 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
MEN! Not a rant, don't be afraid!
July 17, 2007

On July 31, 2007 I will have been married 14 years. This is exciting yet a bit scary..hard to believe it's been so long as well.

I love my husband...he's a wonderful man who has been my rock and my best friend for more than those 14 years. We've had some ups and downs .....some rough spots to overcome and some growing up to do. I thank God every day for my beloved.

Despite that..there have been some times that I've felt a bit taken advantage of...a bit neglected, and a bit misunderstood. For the most part though, we do pretty well together and make a pretty good team.

Reading blogs and making comments I ran across catando 's blog..one I try to visit on a regular basis. If you haven't read it before, you should!

Reading her blog reminded me of a conversation had between 3 women -all friends since high school...2 married, 1 single. We've had a lot of conversations and a lot of fun over the years but this one particular conversation, which took place several years ago...has stuck with me. For privacy sake I won't name names...but you don't need them.

My friend M has been married since right out of high school....we graduated in 1991. She has 4 kids. Her husband was in the (marines? I think..sorry not good with that...it was marines or navy...I know they were based in Iceland at one point ..lol) C is single...and looking I suppose...but seems happy with work and friends and nieces and nephews and such.  Her oldest nephew is a year older than Cassy...and the rest are stair stepped around M's and mine...when we get together as a group there are  alot of kids and they have a grand old time..(C's sister graduated a couple of years behind us)

Anyway...every once in a while, and not nearly often enough..the three of us, or the four of us will get together and do dinner. One particular time we were together we were discussing our loving husbands..and I don't know how her husband's attitude came out.....but she was talking about how every morning while he was in the shower she would get up and get his clothes ready and laid out for him. This had been going on for a while and then all of a sudden-he started complaining about what she was laying out and being a real butthead about it. Now... I probably would have said somethign to the affect of "Don't like what I picked out, get your own clothes" or "If you'd do more than shrug when I ask what you wanted to wear ...then you might be wearing what you wanted to" Not M. After several days of the attitude and ingratitude...she took a pair of pinking shears to his pants pockets....ALL OF THEM!  Rather an expensive way to make your point...but point made nonetheless....I would never do it..but it sure tickles me to this day...thinking about him bitching and moaning over her choices, putting on his pants...putting his wallet in and having it fall down behind..having a handful of change, dropping it in his pocket and have it rain down his legs onto the floor...lol...then thinking he had a bad pair of pants, changing into another pair to find out they were ALL that way..lol...well...he adjusted his attitude.

Well, I'm gonna go finish reading blogs. Have a great night

hugs and blessings
Vicky


© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521930-MEN-Not-a-rant-dont-be-afraid