*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522078-The-Shadow-Rage-Chronicales-Chapter-1
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1293142
a story about a boy with strange powers and a half demon
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#522078 added July 18, 2007 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
The Shadow Rage Chronicales: Chapter 1


The Shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 1

      Epheil moved swiftly and silently through the pale woods surrounding the last town between him and the Terithial Grave Lands. His older sister, Sarapheil was gathering information from the people who lived in the town. Even as he traveled the foreboding woodland he could smell the scent of the demon who had taken his other sister from him. The scent was scarce though, obviously days old, he also smelled Umelia's scent, and from the smell he gathered that she was still alive when they passed through these woods.

      He turned back toward the small town, something was wrong, he could smell Sarapheil, she was running though, he could smell her sweat. He could also smell three others, their scents were similar to Epheil and Sarapheil's scents except that there was no trace of humanity in them.

      He set a clear path back into the woods, hoping to get to his sister before the demons that were chasing her did. He knew that Sarapheil could not outrun the wolf-like demons that both he and she had descended from, the only thing that made Sarapheil different from a human was her unnatural strength. Epheil ran as fast as he could, tearing through brush and branches without slowing, Sarapheil was an ally that he could not lose, he was no fool and he knew that he could not defeat the demon that had his little sister alone.

      Finally he ran into a small clearing to see Sarapheil standing over a large black furred mass, it's dead green eyes stared strait at Epheil, one of Sarapheil's two double bladed knives protruded from the back of it's massive neck. Epheil watched the woods that surrounded them silently, "How many are out there?" Sarapheil asked as she unsheathed her knife from the demon's flesh. "I smell far to many to count, but only two more are hunting us," Sarapheil nodded as she began watching the woods, her dagger clenched tightly in her fist.

      The two remaining demons attacked at once, each of them attacked Epheil, the first went for his throat, but Epheil jumped backward, avoiding it. The second wolf demon met him in midair, only to have two of Epheil's long, sharp claws ran through it's left eye. Then the demon that had tried to rip Epheil's throat out rose up on it's hind legs in an attempt to slam it's claws into Epheil's scalp, this was the demon's last mistake. Epheil was much faster than the demon, with Gruesome precision he jumped up and bit at the demon wolf's throat, he jerked sickeningly and ripped the demon's windpipe from it's neck, swallowing a piece of it as the demon collapsed to the ground.

      "I cannot see how my sweet little sister can stand being around you, worst of all is that she says she loves you." Epheil smiled, showing the demon's blood and chunks of flesh on his gleaming fangs, "I would say the same about you." Sarapheil turned back toward where the grave lands were said to be and whispered "we should hurry, you said you would go to hell Epheil, lets go then," Epheil nodded solemnly, for once he agreed with his sister.
© Copyright 2007 7Zedd (UN: 7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
7Zedd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522078-The-Shadow-Rage-Chronicales-Chapter-1