*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522864-72207
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#522864 added July 22, 2007 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
7/22/07
Most of you know that I have a very high maintenance son. The saga continues....

Yesterday, I had made plans to drive to St Augustine to the flea market there. It's over an hour away from me, but they had this picture there that really spoke to me. I had seen it a few weeks ago and was really on the fence if I should buy it or not. It's a picture of a seashore with a lighthouse and a small cottage. When I looked at it, I was THERE!

So, after a few weeks of deliberation, I decided that I really did want it. But, what are my chances that it's still there? Would it be worth driving all that way to find out? I finally decided to make a day of it, take Joe with me and then after the flea market, go to the beach for a while and pick up seashells with Joe.

For the past few days, he's been complaining of a sore throat. I'd check regularly and there were no white spots, he's had no fever or any other indication that medical attention was necessary. Yesterday morning, he was in great pain and made no attempt to hide it. So, I decided to take him in to the doc to get him checked just in case. As I thought, it's not strep. He does have a swollen gland, but it's nothing that a prescription can help with. He just needs to tough it out.

So, off we went to St. Augustine. Would you believe, the picture was still there???
I was thrilled!! So we got the picture, walked around a bit, I got him a few Pokemon videos and I also found the video set for The Sound of Music. I love musicals!

Then we went off to the beach. Yes, he whined and complained almost the entire time. He wouldn't take Tylenol or any other pain reliever because it hurt to swallow. He wouldn't gargle with salt water because he "didn't like it" and wouldn't drink ice water to numb his throat because "it hurt". So, he won't do anything to make it better, but insists on complaining. It made for a really long day.

Last night, we had a thunderstorm. He was up to full throttle with whining and complaining. I finally went out, in the storm, and got some cloroseptic throat spray and some cecopal throat drops.....I was willing to try ANYTHING to get his throat pain to stop to get his whining to stop. The cloroseptic helped, but he pitched a huge fit because of how it tasted.

He was up and down throughout the night. At 1 am he decided he wanted to take a shower. So I said, ok, take the shower. At 3 am he actually WANTED me to spray his throat with chloroseptic. Then around 4 am he crawled into bed with me. It's not fun to share a bed with Joe. We're both bed hogs. We fight for the same spot on the mattress. So, I didn't really sleep well last night. It was more like a series of naps. Not restful at all. So this morning, I'm cranky, tired and running low on patience. Not a good recipe for a wonderful day.

As this morning continues, it isn't getting any better. The whining continued. I finally had enough. I told him to suck it up. That I hurt on a daily basis because of my arms and he didn't hear me whining and complaining all the time. I told him it was time for him to man up about it. Yes, it sucks to suffer, but whining is even worse! He was surprised that I took that stance, instead of being soothing, babying and comforting to him. I have a higher tolerance level than most, but even I had had enough!

He's now in his room, pouting because I'm no longer real sympathetic about him hurting. Hopefully he'll be able to dig down deep enough and find the intestinal fortitude to quit the damn whining!!!

I was really looking forward to going to the library today. I had reserved some books and I would love to go get them. I can't take him if he's whining constantly. I hope that after some time to himself in his room he'll turn it around. Hopefully, after another cup of coffee, I'll be less irritable too. Have I mentioned that I really HATE whining????

I need a hug. Somebody hug me, please!!
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522864-72207