*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523885-72607
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#523885 added July 26, 2007 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
7/26/07
Well, I had my appt with my surgeon today. My surgery date is 8/24/07. Relief is in sight!!! Since my mom is not available to come down and help me with Joe, I emailed Joe's dad and told him that I was going to need his help. If he will agree, Joe will stay with him until Sept 2 in order to give me time to recover. I hope he will agree. If he doesn't then I'll need to tap on some friends to help with Joe. I won't be able to drive for at least the first week.

While I was at the surgery center doing the pre-op registration, I got a phone call from the lady who's watching Joe for the rest of the summer. He was also helping her neighborlady who has been having health issues. Let me tell you, she's got a heart of gold!

Anyway, my daycare lady called me, and said that she was enroute to the emergency room. Evidently her neighborlady was having major pain problems and needed immediate attention. So Joe and her two girls, her and her neighborlady went to the hospital. All the children were upset, naturally. I told her that as soon as my pre-op was done, I would go directly to the hospital to pick up all 3 kids and bring them to my house.

At the hospital, both girls were very upset. Joe was just looking around, not sure what to do with everyone crying. So, I gather all the kids and walk out to my SUV. The girls were crying even harder. I declared a group hug, and prayed with them for healing and peace. The comfort that gave the girls was more than evident.

On the way home, I decided that we'd bake a "mental health" cake. They all wanted to help. Some stirred, some broke the eggs. It's in the oven now. Joe gets to help frost it. I just got a call from my daycare lady, who reported that the sick neighborlady's husband has arrived at the hospital, so she was going to head out and let her husband take over there. She has to run some errands and when she's done, she'll come over to pick up her daughters. We'll have some mental health cake before she leaves.

This just goes to show that we really can't "do life" alone. We all need someone at one time or another. I needed her to watch Joe. She needed me to come get her children and keep them for a while. I need Joe's dad to take care of him while I recover. I know she'll be checking on me after my surgery. This isn't just friendship, this is love. We can each take a turn to stand in the gap, or cover someone else, because one day, we're gonna need someone to stand in the gap or cover for us.

Are you standing in the gap for someone else today or is someone standing in the gap for you? If neither is true, are you prepared to be available to do so when called upon, or are you gonna run and hide and say, "It's not my problem" ?

I understand that this isn't my normal "what happened to me today" kind of blog. I didn't mean to get on my soapbox here. I just really feel that someone needs to read this and take to heart the message that is here. I pray that it is received in the same spirit of kindness that it is given with.

I also think about folks like hoosiermomma2 . This wonderful woman deals with stuff like this on a virtual daily basis. Yet, she never whines or complains. Sure, she vents her frustrations like anyone else does, but she never asks "why" or "why me". She just rolls with it, knowing that there are folks who will stand in the gap for her, just like she does for her beloved, her children, and others she loves. This woman is an inspiration to me. I admire her and respect her, even on her most overwhelmed days.

Today I have experienced compassion, and have been given the opportunity to show that love to others. Life is just too short to withhold goodness from others.

If you love someone, let them know....TODAY!!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523885-72607