*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524887-Writing-Chemistry
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#524887 added July 31, 2007 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Writing Chemistry
Yesterday I talked with my father-in-law for a few minutes where we discussed (I know it will surprise you) my pregnancy.

He said, “Better get all your writing in now, because once the baby’s born, you won’t have the time - or the energy.”

I laughed and said, “I haven’t written much since I found out I was pregnant. The baby had sucked all the intelligence right out of me!”

That was then, this is now. It’s true I haven’t written much aside from my entries for over two months now, but in the last few days, my desire to write has increased. So has my brain power. I don’t feel as stupid anyway. Whether or not I still am can be debated, I’m sure.

I told Dave last night how much I enjoy being pregnant.

He said, “You’ve reached that stage of euphoria I take it.”

He’s been reading all the pregnancy books and magazines - way more than I have - so I guess this sense of joy is normal. Funny how much of what we feel depends upon the chemicals in our brain. Kinda sad in a way, too, though. I’d like to think I feel things because of my spirit or soul, not the chemical interaction in my mind. It takes the mystery out of what makes me who I am, as if I have less control over my life and how I react to it than I think.

But that’s a discussion for another time. I don’t have that much brainpower! You are welcome to give me your thoughts on brain chemicals vs free will, though.

Back to writing:

A few months ago, I joined a reviewing group assembled by Elisa the Bunny Stik

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1229395 by Not Available.


Elisa the Bunny Stik then requested nominations for editors of the newsletter. PastVoices kindly nominated me. With few nominations apparently, I got the gig along with Arwee and Pen Name . I’ve written two newsletters so far. The responses have been positive, more positive than I deserve. The last one I didn’t come up with a subject until the afternoon it was due, and spent maybe two hours writing it.

I am the queen of procrastination, I tell ya!

The group and newsletters are doing fairly well, but it needs more participation and readers. If you like to review, have advice to share, or need motivation to review more, I suggest you give the group a try. You can also read all the newsletters written so far at:

 Reviewing Newsletters Archive  (E)
All issues of the Reviewing Newsletter
#1276841 by vivacious

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524887-Writing-Chemistry