*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527643-81207
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#527643 added August 12, 2007 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
8/12/07
Wow, what a weekend! I'm tired, but it's a good tired. It started Friday afternoon when I got a call from my daycare lady. Joe was having a "moment". His moment happened in public, and he defied and disrespected her in a public place, which embarrassed her greatly. Since she is not his mother, she was not able to give him the immediate discipline that he desperately needed.

She called me, and I left work immediately, went home and put the lawnmower and gas can in the SUV, and picked up Joe. I have a good friend who has two bulging disks in her neck and isn't able to do much. Her lawn was way overgrown and since I had a kid with an attitude, I thought it would be good to let him sweat his attitude out.

He was arguing with the daycare lady's daughter, C., who was egging him on, so she needed some sweat time as well and her older sister, W, wanted to come along as well, I guess to just get out of the house. This made my daycare lady happy, because it would give her some quiet time.

So the four of us went to my friend B's house, and while one of them was pushing the mower, the other two were in her pool. I worked those kids pretty hard until dark Friday night.

Saturday morning, I picked up C, and took her and Joe back to B's house to finish her lawn. I worked those kids hard again for about 3 hours. B has a riding mower, but the wheel was flat. She had a neighbor come down and fix the wheel, so I got on the rider and finished up the lawn while the kids played in the pool. We got done around 3pm. I pulled the kids from the pool and took C home. Back at my house, I unloaded the mower and took a shower then a well deserved nap!

Today, it's been household chores day. I've done laundry, make a chicken stirfry with brown rice, and a beef pot pie. I put the food in small containers to be able to take for lunch during the week. I also watched part of the nascar race and took another nap. Man! it felt great! My arm isn't hurting that badly right now so it was good to get a bit of a break from the pain and get some good rest. For that, I am very thankful.

I am concerned about what the sun exposure did to my son, though. I had his laundry folded on the kitchen table and he saw it and said, "Cool, clothes! I'll go put them away right now!" and he DID! I almost strained my neck doing a double take. Was that MY son??? Whoever he was, can he please come back more often? Hmmm.....maybe he had a vitamin D deficiency.....all I know is that pushing that lawnmower sure made him more polite and respectful. I'm liking that!!

All in all, it's been a great weekend. I helped out a friend in need, and adjusted my son's attitude in the process, and gave my childcare lady a much deserved break. Yes, I'm happy! *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527643-81207