*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528329-Catchup---or-is-it-Catsup-Ketchup
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#528329 added August 15, 2007 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Catchup - or is it Catsup? Ketchup?
Ever notice how many different ways to spell the mostly-tomato condiment? Which is it? All of the above? My word processor recognizes the three listed in the title anyway.

This entry isn’t about - whatever that stuff is supposed to be called, but about catching up. I don’t have much going on of immense (or even little) importance. I just want to write an entry.

I’ve been thinking about zwisis’s last entry, "Invalid Entry, and the quote she added from Stephen King’s book “On Writing” about how if a person is to be successful in writing, he or she must read for four hours and write for four hours. I’ve been reading enough, but not writing. My motivation is still sporadic, and peaks at times when I don’t have the time to write. By the time I have the time, my motivation has slacked. Darn it. I wonder if soon I will forget how to write . . .

I mentioned ages ago about how I submitted three entries into a Drabble (100-word story) contest (see http://www.samsdotpublishing.com/betweenkisses/DrabbleContest010.htm ), and they chose one for publication. Dave submitted eight(!), and they chose two of his.

We received a few weeks ago our contributor’s copy, and the phenomenal payment of $1 per story. I received my expected $1, but Dave got $3! Yep, they ended up publishing three of them. No fair! I’m supposed to be the writer of the family *mope, mope*.

That makes us tied, because two of my stories were published in a previous edition. They started a new contest ending September 30, so I best get to work soon (hint, hint karabu!). I’m hoping Dave write a few as well, because we both had so much fun last time.

I’m looking forward to August 24-27. Dave and I will be driving down to Colorado to see my sister and her husband. They purchased a house not too long ago, so I thought now would be a good time to see her. After the baby is born, we won’t have as many opportunities to travel. Plus, I feel the need for a change of scenery.

Well, shucks. I just called the courthouse, and I have to show up for jury duty tomorrow. It’s the fifth time I’ve been called, the second time in the last two weeks. Makes me wonder if they like me . . .

I’m not complaining. Of the two times it wasn’t settled out of court, I enjoyed myself. “Enjoy” probably isn’t the best term to use since our decision effected a person’s life. In both cases, one a disorderly conduct, and the other a DUI, we voted not-guilty. The prosecution simply couldn’t prove the case in both instances.

I only hope, if I get chosen for this one, they’ll give lots of potty breaks.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528329-Catchup---or-is-it-Catsup-Ketchup