*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528371-Back-to-work
by Hezza
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1299601
Random ramblings that will hopefully benefit my writing somehow
#528371 added August 15, 2007 at 6:38pm
Restrictions: None
Back to work!
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all"
Sam Ewig


I have worked until after 9pm both of the last two evenings. One of the most important things that I have done since joining the company is to take music4Uonline through a re-brand. The final step in this re-brand is to roll the new branding out on the website.

That is what I am currently working on. Our marketing agency has developed the layouts for the pages. Our web designers know what is required of them and have the layouts and all of the necessary elements. Except one: the copy. That is my job, and it hasn't been done yet.

After two evenings of hard writing, I have now completed four pages. Only about another 25 to go! At least writing is something that I enjoy doing: this would be a real marathon if I didn't! I will hopefully get time to upload the copy this weekend, and then I can get feedback.

It is true that owning your own business sometimes means having to work harder. We are the ones whose responsibility it is to take the business forward. We are responsible for the livelihoods of all of our employees. Therefore it is we who have to work late. It is our holidays that have to be cancelled. The advantage of being the owners, however, is that once we do succeed in getting this going, our business will be worth a lot more.

There is also immense satisfaction in knowing that I will have been responsible for some of our success. My work will have directly contributed to the increase in value and to the security of our staff's jobs.

This week my entries are likely to be shorter than they have been of late because of the lack of free time. I'm away to bed finally.

Night all!

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt"
Henry J. Kaiser (1882 - 1967)

© Copyright 2007 Hezza (UN: hezza1506 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hezza has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528371-Back-to-work