*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528711
Rated: 13+ · Book · Ghost · #1294788
not the book of your death,actually.It's a ghost story.
#528711 added August 17, 2007 at 9:12am
Restrictions: None
Part Four - a ghost attack
“So, Julie, er-… I don’t know how to say it…”

“Well, Brian, maybe on a lower voice” she answered.

It was Saturday morning, and they were at a table in the library, doing their homework, with several books in front of them.

“Right” he said. “Well, did you know that you are related to, you know, the Deaths?”

“No, I didn’t. I never had anyone. Only them” she said. “My parents”, she added, seeing Brian’s confused face. “Not even here, in Sunsetville. You are the first friend I ever had here.” she said and smiled to him. “Everyone considers me a freak over here…”

“Well, you are a freak,” Brian said, “if the first place you go with your first friend is the library.”

Julie giggled.

“Well, this is like the only place where Eileen lets me go, beside school.”

“Why do you call her on her name?” asked Brian curious. “I mean, why don’t you call her ‘Mom’?.... I call Ryan ‘Dad’ and he’s not my real father.”

Julie looked both wounded and maybe shocked.

“I can’t betray my parents!” she said. “If you can, well, I am happy for you.”

“Hey, I didn’t want to upset you!” Brian said. “And… I never had a Dad. That bastard left Mom while she was still-“

Brian’s mobile rang then.

“Oh, sorry.” He looked at the angry faces around him. “Sorry…” He looked at the phone. “It’s Mom… I wonder what-“

“Just go outside and answer” said Julie, with a begging look.

“Oh-I guess you’re right… Excuse-“

“Stop talking and get the hell out, Pickle!” said that old lady (cried actually) from her chair, lady which Brian met days before.

“It’s PRICKET!”

“OUT!”

He ran out.

“Hello?”

“Hello, sweetie.” Answered a crying voice.

“Mom! What’s wrong?”

“We are at the hospital-“

“What? What happened?”

“It’s Ryan. He… He had an… an accident. It’s quite serious.”

Brian was stunned.

“How… how serious?” he asked, without thinking.

“Pretty bad…”

“I’m coming over there!”

“Ok, honey, take care…”

He closed, and ran into the library.

“Julie! “ he said, forgetting to keep his voice down. “We have to go to the hospital. It’s Dad!”

“We’ll go with Eileen’s car!”

“Shh!” completed the old lady.

After about fifteen minutes, Brian, Julie and Eileen were at the Sunsetville Hospital, talking with Caitlin.

The hospital had three floor, and it was all painted in white. It was nice, warm and clean.

“How it happened, Mom?” asked Brian, rather terrified.

“He could’ve die.” answered Caitlin, who was fighting with her tears. “It was a little strange, actually.”

“What do you mean, strange, dear?” asked Eileen, confused, just like everybody else.

“Not just strange.” Caitlin said “I just can’t explain how it happened. He was taking a shower. I just suddenly heard him scream “Who’s there? It’s that you, Cait?” and then he called me desperate. I went to the bathroom as fast as I could, and then… he was there, on the floor, full of blood. He didn’t seem to be conscious. The mirror was broken, and there were pieces of it everywhere, mostly on Ryan’s body… on his face… there was blood everywhere…  I called the ambulance, and they asked me to tell them… how it happened… but I couldn’t explain them, because I didn’t know how!” she was crying again.

“Oh, Caitlin” said Eileen, with her hand on Caitlin’s shoulder “He’ll be all right”

A door had been opened, and a doctor came. He was a black man.

“Hello, Mrs. Pricket, I’m Dr. Vain.”

“How’s Ryan?” she asked, scared, ignoring his introducing.

“Well, he suffered some serious injuries. Mostly on his head, and face. Now, I don’t want to scare you, madam, but your husband was either attacked, or wanted to commit suicide.”

“Suicide?” repeated Caitlin, amazed. “Ryan? Suicide? Dr. Vain, but he… I don’t think you know what you’re saying! Ryan would never-“

“I just told you what we’ve found out after the investigation.” Interrupted Dr/ Vain. “He’ll be all right, if you don’t count the scars. Now, if you excuse me,I got stuff to do! Good day!”

“Thank you, Dr. Vain.” Said Brian, and then turned to his mother.

“Mom,” he said, “I have to go home. I’ll be back, I promise!”

“T-take care, honey!” she said and kissed him on his cheek.

“Julie, could you-“

“Of course,” she said. “I won’t ask Eileen this time”

And they left.

“Julie, where in the world do you think you’re going?” asked, Eileen, upset and deranged that Julie made a move without her approbation.

“Leave them , Eileen.” Caitlin said. “They’re just going to our place.”

“Maybe you’re right, Caitlin.” Said Eileen, still deranged. “Coffee?”

“I’d like some, thank you” said Caitlin, thinking if she really did the good thing letting Brian and Julie go to their house…
© Copyright 2007 Alyssa DarK (UN: alyssa_dark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alyssa DarK has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528711