*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528713
Rated: 13+ · Book · Ghost · #1294788
not the book of your death,actually.It's a ghost story.
#528713 added August 17, 2007 at 3:25am
Restrictions: None
Part Two - the Deaths
Brian was a 16 year old adolescent, with black hair and grey eyes. He wasn’t a very tall guy, but you couldn’t say that he was small either. He enjoyed skating, chatting with his friends, and music. He didn’t like agitation at all; he would rather prefer a quiet place. Although his new town was quiet, he didn’t like it very much.

From that day, they had electricity, and that was a reason for Brian to be happy. At least until he found out that their moody neighbors were having lunch at their house, and so he couldn’t chat with his friends, or call them, or listen music, or watch TV.

The Carter family was living right across the street. John Carter was a police officer, and Eileen Carter was a housewife. They had a daughter, Julie, who was adopted by them, because they couldn’t have babies. Julie didn’t came to the Pricket house, that disturbed Brian, because he was now forced to stay and listen boring stories about how many thieves were in Sunsetville lately, and which is the perfect way to bake an apple pie. But then, he had a very bright idea!

“Excuse me, Mom,” he said, more polite than he ever been, “I finished my meal, can I go to my room and –um- read?”

Caitlin was surprised, but she said “Of course, honey” and Brian left them in the kitchen to discuss boring things without him.

Of course he didn’t wanted to read, but he was so bored, that the only thing he could do was reading.  He grabbed the first book from the (giant) library from his room and, well, began to read.

The book he was reading was called “The Book Of Death”.

“Uuuu, how scary…” laughed Brian.

It was about a rich family, the Death family (“What a strange name for a family… just like Sunsetville for a town…”). The last descendant of the Deaths, Edward Death, had been kidnapped. And since then, the town was peace less.  Richard Death, Edward’s father, had search for him since the day he disappeared, till the day he committed suicide. The day of Richard’s death was very dark, because almost all men living in that town committed suicide in that very day. And it’s been told that they’re haunting the town, and Richard is still looking for his son…

“How sad…” Brian taught. “I think that town must be way more interesting than this Sunsetville…”

Meanwhile, in the kitchen…

“So, Caitlin, how do you like this house?”asked Eileen.

Everybody remained silent, as Caitlin was preparing to answer.

“Well, the house is ok.”she answered.”But it’s a little bit… different too, with so many books…”

She didn’t wanted to call the house “strange and scary”.

“Oh yes,” said Eileen, “the previous owners really enjoyed reading. They really liked to read good-night stories to their son. And they love the house and the town, until…”

“Until what?” asked Caitlin, after a few seconds of silence. “Eileen?”

“Until their son disappeared.” answered John. “They had always taught that he was kidnapped, but we think that e ran away. And we are not the only ones. He hated this place… nobody knows why. And so, they had search for him until the old man died. He coursed the town, and in that very day almost all men committed suicide. Just like him… yup, that was Richard Death. He died in the bathroom… and speaking about bathrooms, where is it? I really need to-”

“Right in front of the kitchen…” said Caitlin. She looked at Ryan. Were the Carters trying to scare them? Or that was a true story?

“It’s true.” said John, after he returned from the bathroom. “My father lived where we live now, when the tragedy happened. My grandfather committed suicide too. This story is as true as my socks!”

Ryan knew then that Caitlin was thinking at the same thing: these people were crazy…
© Copyright 2007 Alyssa DarK (UN: alyssa_dark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alyssa DarK has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528713