*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528714
Rated: 13+ · Book · Ghost · #1294788
not the book of your death,actually.It's a ghost story.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#528714 added January 2, 2009 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Part One - the beginning of a nightmare
The nature was angry... or maybe just sad...

It was a very cold, rainy day. It was so dark, that you might thought that the clouds would’ve ripped the ski, crossed from time to time by a lighting .The wind was whispering words that were not understandable.  All these made that day a little scarier than a usual day.

In that very day, the Pricket family, Caitlin, her son, Brian, and her husband, Ryan, were moving in another town. What Brian couldn’t understand was why were they replacing their nice hometown, with a dark scary town, and a silly name, Sunsetville. Anyway, Sunsetville wasn’t like a sunset, peaceful and romantic, it was very dark (maybe because of the clouds), wet (maybe because of the rain), cold ( the wind?), and scary.

After a few hours of driving, Ryan said victoriously, more cheerful than he actually was:

“Well, here we are! “

“Yes, wonderful”, thought Brian.

“Brian, honey, are you all right?” asked Caitlin. “You look rather… pale. Is there something wrong?”

“I’m fine, mom.” said Brian and grinned.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Never better!”

Caitlin observed the sarcasm in her son’s voice, but didn’t say anything. After all, the house wasn’t so bad, it looked rather old, but ok, she thought.
But Brian wouldn’t agree with her.

"This house is old!" thought Brian. "So old that it stinks! Gosh, what a smell!... "

As they were moving their luggage inside the house, they all observed how weird this house was. Each room looking just like a library, no electricity, just candles ("How am I going to listen music, Moooom?!"), very uncomfortable beds... Caitlin was the most enthusiastic of them all.

"Hey, guys," she told them, " this house isn't that bad, after all! It's quite big and I'm sure Ryan will do something with the electricity..."

"Right!" said Ryan, trying to be as enthusiast as her.

Ryan was Caitlin’s second husband. Her first husband, Brian’s Dad, had left her when she was still pregnant. And so, Brian never had a chance to meet his father.  But he didn’t give a damn. The only reason he would have wanted to meet his father was probably to give him the middle finger, for what he’s done to him, and especially to his mother, which Brian loved very much.

He was now actually calling Ryan “Dad”, and that was not because somebody told him so. His mother actually told him to call Ryan however he wishes, "but in a decent mode".

That evening, everybody got asleep more early than usual. Even Brian, who was scandalized that he couldn't watch TV that night, or  just chat with his friends on the internet. He'd eventually go to sleep after his mother reminded him that he had an iPod. Oh, he'd forgotten about it!

At about midnight, Brian woke up a little scared. He dreamed an old man telling him something. He couldn't remember what....

"Stupid nightmares!" he said, and then he left the bed in order to go and drink some water.

As he entered the kitchen, he thought he heard something behind him.

"God, these nightmares make me hear things..."

"Edward..."

The glass full of water fell from Brian's hand.

"Who's there?"asked Brian, a little scared.(a little more actually).

"Edward..."

It was a whisper coming from the bathroom, which was right in front of the kitchen.

"Haah, Dad, this is not funny!"

The whisper stopped. Brian ran in his room, and eventually fell asleep. The next morning, he thought it was just a dream. But the glass was still on the kitchen floor...

"I must be imagining things..." thought Brian...
© Copyright 2009 Alyssa DarK (UN: alyssa_dark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alyssa DarK has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528714