*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529372-The-shadow-rage-Chronicles-chapter-3
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1293142
a story about a boy with strange powers and a half demon
#529372 added August 20, 2007 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
The shadow rage Chronicles: chapter 3

The Shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 3

      Epheil watched as the mass of chains began to unravel, high above the crumbling tower, he noticed silver wings glinting black in the night. The earth seemed as if it were trying to swallow all of Terithial in order to stop the escape of whatever prisoner was now escaping its prison. He didn’t know where Sarapheil was, he wished he hadn’t ran off and left her, he watched as huge chains fell to the ground, evading a few that fell to close to him.

      He still felt the rage inside of him though, Epheil didn’t know what it was exactly, he watched as sparks of blue lightning danced wildly from the tips of his claws. He turned suddenly to the sound of movement behind him, it was the skeletal demon that had killed his little sister, he clutched at his heart at the thought of Umelia dead, at the sight of her ripped open and devoured by this evil creature, the rage ignited to new heights.

      Epheil thrust out his hand, blue lightning shot forth from his fingertips, spinning through the air towards the demon, even as they struck him in the chest Epheil was behind the demon. With impossible speed he struck out at the back of the demons head, but he caught only air, before he could comprehend what had happened he hit something hard, the stone ground he realized.

      As he stood up he saw the boy he had been fighting only moments before, only he was fighting the demon, he swung the huge double bladed sword at the demon. The demon struck the blade out of his hands though and threw the boy backwards nearly into Epheil, who barely dodged him. Epheil turned to look at the boy who was just getting to his feet; blood matted his short brown hair and ran into his face. “Who are you?” the boy demanded of the demon that stood licking blood of his claws.

      The demon smiled gruesomely and answered “I am the servant, my master is freed, I thank you and now let you live, be gone.” Epheil turned to the demon and asked “what are you thanking him for; he has just tried to kill you?” The demon Laughed hysterically before responding “he removed the cursed key, sealing my master away, he freed the nameless one, deaths harvester, my master.” Epheil looked at the double bladed sword and asked “so you were my enemy after all, you freed a greater evil than the one I already hunted?”

      The boy stared blankly at Epheil, his eyes were glowing red as he said “perhaps I did, I had no idea though, but either way I will kill the demon now, before it escapes its prison.” The Servant began to laugh once more then and said “you will not live then, I shall end your existence now!”

      The demon was fast, and Epheil no longer felt the rage as strongly as he did, in its stead he felt fatigued. He thought once more of this demon and what it had done, he looked to his precious little sister lying dead on the ground, and thought of all the other children this demon would kill if it lived on. He saw the demon knock the boy into the air. “How many people like me are there in this world” Epheil whispered, then he shouted “how many girls like Umelia have you taken away from other families? No more!” Epheil knew his shouting made little sense but he felt the rage form in him again, the storm blossomed anew as he jumped toward the demon.

      He felt as if he were dying, it didn’t matter, with all he had he slammed his left hand into The Servant’s chest, lightning rippled not only from his claws, but bolts also fell down from the sky, crashing into the demon. Epheil was knocked backwards with the force of it, he fell into the boy in midair, they were both flying now, flying until he lost consciousness.
© Copyright 2007 7Zedd (UN: 7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
7Zedd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529372-The-shadow-rage-Chronicles-chapter-3