*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529877-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#529877 added August 22, 2007 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
I’ve been warned - sort of.
In the book, “What To Expect When You’re Expecting” in the 4th and 5th months, they said to be aware of breathlessness and lightheadedness.

The breathlessness comes due to everything pushing upward to make room for baby, giving the lungs less room to expand. Plus, my blood volume is increasing and should reach 50% more than normal. That forces the heart to work quite a bit harder - hence the lightheadedness, especially during physical activity.

There’s something the book mentioned not a word about. During those times of lightheadedness, and/or breathlessness, do not eat or drink anything! The stomach will rebel.

I will say no more about that.

Growth-wise, I am in the in-between stage of regular and maternity clothes. As far as normal clothes, I can still wear many of my shirts, but I’m down to a single pair of pants that fit me without pinching or binding.

At least in maternity clothes, I look pregnant. In regular clothes, I simply look fat. It doesn’t bother me any. I’m old enough now, looking thin and beautiful is the least of my concerns. I’m out for comfort.

Thomas is more active by the day. The little flutters have turned into flicks, like someone’s flicking their finger inside my belly. Kind of a neat feeling, but at times, especially when it goes on for a while, it’s annoying. I best get used to it, though! He’s not only going to move more, get stronger, but start punching and kicking the more sensitive parts of my innards.

Feeling him move though, there’s no thrill like it. I can’t wait until he’s strong enough, Dave will be able to feel him as well.

Got a cute story for you!

Monday we drove to Linton to have supper with his two uncles and great Aunt Ellen. Aunt Ellen was Dave’s grandmother’s sister-in-law and best friend for over 50 years. She’s a funny, sweet lady who will be 97 September 15th.

She - like any great aunt - was thrilled to learn about the baby. When we arrived at her apartment, she gave Dave and me a big hug and kiss and congratulated us. She then put her hand on my tummy and again expressed her excitement. I thought, “Okay, Aunt Ellen can touch my tummy without asking first any time she wants.”

After supper as we said our goodbyes she said, “Now when the baby is born, you have to bring him down so I can rock him. I love to rock little babies.”

Now how can I turn her down?

“Absolutely!” I said.

Thomas will be one spoilt little kid, I tell ya!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529877-