*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530148-Into-the-Wild-Blue-Yonder---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#530148 added August 23, 2007 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
Into the Wild Blue Yonder . . .
Early tomorrow morning Dave, Rufus and I leave to visit my sister in Colorado.

I learned a few things that will make this trip a bit of a challenge.

Driving the 60 miles to Linton on Monday, after a mere 45 minutes, I was ready to get out and take a walk. Sitting for that long was very uncomfortable. And here I'm planning a 12 hour trip - one way!

It may take us quite a bit longer, as I know I'll make Dave stop every two hours or so. I'm really glad we have the Cherokee now. Even with Rufus and 4 days worth of gear, if I lay down the back seats I will have lots of room to spread out if need be.

Also! With my sudden lack of lung space, how will my body react going from an elevation of 1800 feet to 8900? Yep, I bet I'll be a pile of gasping goo the first day. I'll take it easy and drink loads of water, so I don't anticipate too much trouble.

Then again, with as much water as I'll be drinking, we may need to stop more frequently.

I printed out one of my novels, and during the trip I'll bleed all over it with edits. I started on it yesterday, and though it needs lots of work, it's not horrible for a first draft. I may take along my copy of "Self-Editing for Fiction Writers" by Browne and King as a refresher, and to further get me into editor mode.

We plan on returning Monday night, so until then, have a great one - whatever that 'one' may be!

ADDENDUM


I almost forgot!! welkerdeb gifted me one of them pumpkins, but I'm having trouble coming up with a saying to add to it.

You have four days to wow me with your ideas!!

Thanks muchly!

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530148-Into-the-Wild-Blue-Yonder---