*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530595-I-just-finished-reading-The-Diana-Chronicles
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#530595 added August 25, 2007 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
I just finished reading "The Diana Chronicles"

Well, I finally finished reading "The Diana Chronciles" by Tina Brown. I always rather admired Princess Diana. For me, she had the fairytale wedding, but marriages are something you have to work at, and the Wales, well, they didn't get it right. But over the course of her marriage, Diana had to deal with childbirth and bulimia, the fact she a "star" within the royal family to the people and eventually, divorce. That's quite a plate.

Anyway, I wanted to read a book about Diana that showed both sides - not only of her, but her life, her marriage and after going through the recent rash of books on Amazon, I decided on Brown's book. She didn't disappoint.

First off, I really liked Brown's writing style. It was easy to read and to get into. Brown will immediately take you to Diana's world and do it effortlessly. Once I started reading, I didn't want to put the book down.

Second, Brown made Diana appear ever so human. Diana's pluses include her empathy and her intutiveness when it came to raising her boys. On the down side, she embodied the Spencer temperment, much in the way her son, Prince Harry does - sometimes it can be desctructive if not reigned in.

Anyway, reading is important to anyone's writing, and one thing I picked up from Brown is her infectious writing style, and her fair presentation. Charles comes across real here, and while his actions & behavior cast him unfavorably, I came to understand him and his character. Mind you, Diana is no saint either, but her actions are so understandable considering the pressures she faced.

For a good honest book about Princess Diana, I highly recommend Tina Brown's.



© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530595-I-just-finished-reading-The-Diana-Chronicles