*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530787-Just-got-the-latest-Writers-Digest
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#530787 added August 26, 2007 at 2:56pm
Restrictions: None
Just got the latest Writer's Digest
And I have to say, I love their magazine. It's full of useful, helpful stuff and they even have a bunch of contests they sponsor. There's a great article in there by Jodi Picoult which talks about what you can do as an author to help get the word about your novel. Some are expensive options like do a book tour and hire a publicist, but one note she makes is don't underestimate the power of the web. So to piggy back on that, if your an author, get a website it and then develop an email list. Things may move slow at first but they'll come along.

That said, visit my website and sign up for email list. I do a monthly email list and I'd love to have you. My website is: http://sgcardin.tripod.com

I'll be working on my Drama newsletter today at work for 5 Sep and my topic is still on writing characters, this time I'll be talking about a character's background and how that's important to the story/novel you're putting together.

Characters really help to bring a story come alive. That said, Who are some of your favorite characters that you've read about in the last six months? All time? One of my favorites is "Whitney," from "Whitney, My Love," by Judith McNaught. Tina Brown in her book, "The Diana Chronicles" brings Diana alive. C'Mon and share some of your favorite characters. I'd love to hear about them.

Steph

© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530787-Just-got-the-latest-Writers-Digest