*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530997-Character-look-at-Mihai-Sigmaringen
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#530997 added September 1, 2007 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Character look at: Mihai Sigmaringen
Just thought I'd do something a little different. This week is "character week" and I'll be offering up some tidbits and insights to several characters from my novels, starting with Mihai Sigmaringen from my novel, "The Wolf's Torment."

The Wolf's Torment takes place in the mid 1800's in the country of Moldavia on the Black Sea. As the story opens, Mihai is the Crown Prince called back from London to learn his duties and take a wife. He must secure the succesion of the crown since his father is dying - of syhpillis.

Mihai is young as book opens, 18. And he's also in a pickle. He's just discovered his mistress is pregnant, but she's been playing him, using him for his royality and royal connections. She thinks Mihai is going to make her rich. Mihai, who is genuinely in love with her is devasted to learn of her emotional betrayal. His love turns to hurt and while he vows to take care of her, his feelings have changed.

When he goes back to Moldavia, he meets his intended, Lady Theresa von Kracken. Theresa is much more to his liking, but he vows not to fall in love with her because he doesn't want what happened with Alex to happen to his relationship with Theresa. Just as Mihai is settling into his life in Moldavia, his best friend, Viktor is bitten by a werewolf.

Mihai doesn't care for the supernatural elements that haunt his country. A witch killed his mother and he witnessed the brutal event. Still believes in Viktor's humanity and does his best to help his friend deal with his "ailment."

It's not that easy. Mihai's feelings for Theresa steadily grow stronger, but his duties take him away from her, and his anxieties over Viktor worry him. As Viktor begins a decent away from humanity and embraces his now wolfen nature Mihai will need to make a decision - his family with Theresa or his nation.

During the course of the novel Mihai becomes King when his father dies. It's a sad, yet poignant moment as Theresa tries to breach his defenses regarding his feelings of love.

The journey is a coming of age story then, of how a boy becomes a man and how a prince becomes a king.




© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530997-Character-look-at-Mihai-Sigmaringen