*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531488-Lightning-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#531488 added August 29, 2007 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Lightning Moon
A few random thoughts and musings-----the full moons here in subtropical Florida do not always correspond with the names associated in northern climes. I'm looking to make my own personal correspondences. Last month's moon would definitely be the Mango Moon...and I think last night's must surely be named the Lightning Moon....a light show of heat lightning dances in the skies most every evening these August nights....will continue this list.

Looking about for inspiration for a grandparent's day poem for larryp's poetry prompt contest. At the following site: http://www.gaiantarot.com/----- I found Joanna's
court suit of children....these are traditionally called Pages....but I love her interpretation.
I realized after looking at these cards that each of my grandchildren, I have four, represent the four elements, earth, air, fire, and water-----what a magickally balanced family! Hopefull, some magickal inspiration shall ensue.....

Kyler is a Cancer, water....Annabella is a Libra....air....Jase Anthony is a Capricorn...earth, and baby Chadrick a Sagittarius like his Daddy.....fire.

I was writing an entry tonight into the journals I keep for each of them and thought that instead of the random entries I would be more consistent and regular if I wrote to them at each full moon. It would be a lovely way to ritualize the full moon energy and I wouldn't go so long between entries for each grandchild. And I can then label these with the full moon's designation.....
http://www.gaiantarot.com/minors/children.html#air


Today is the 2nd anniversary of Hurricane Katrina....I'm sharing a poem from that time that is just as relevant today....and how symbolic that Bush marked the anniversary with silence, while Mayor Nugent and fellow mourners marked the occasion at a cemetary by the ringing of hand-held bells, marking a grave for Katrina's unidentified victims. I wonder if Bush looked at the post storm paintings done by the children in the classroom he visited today....and I wonder how deeply he ever looks at the nature of anything.....

mindful blog image

 Storm Circles  (13+)
entry for mini-slam--prompt "circles"--inspired by Huricane Katrina
#1016854 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531488-Lightning-Moon