*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532191-a-little-more-about-anger
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#532191 added September 4, 2007 at 5:54pm
Restrictions: None
a little more about anger
First of all, I'm not angry with anybody today, and, as far as I know, no one is angry with me. It's been a beautiful day in the high 70's/low 80's, perfect weather for the Labor Day Southeastern Washington Fair parade. I didn't get there in time to see Bill with the Civil Air Patrol unit, but didn't know that until an hour later, when the last entry marched past. *Rolleyes*

Well, maybe I'm a little miffed that my dog-sitter hasn't called to say whether she can take care of Seamus tomorrow and Sunday, but it's my fault for calling so late. No matter whose fault it is though, I'm a little miffed about that. Anger doesn't have to be justified to be real.

For lack of another topic, and because I do have another comment to make, I want to write more on the subject of anger.

I have been around, living in close proximity, to some people whose anger flares easily. They seem to think it's important for them to let off steam, like a pressure cooker that may otherwise explode. They've always told me how much better they feel afterwards for having cleared the air.

Duh! It's about like having someone sneeze without covering their mouth. Great to get it out, but not great to be in the way of.

If the anger is in absolutely no way directed at me, or at anyone with any of my same shortcomings, I can sometimes duck and let it blow on past. But if the other is true, if the anger is directed at me, directly or indirectly, or something I feel stupidly guilty about, I feel either like the victim of it or I want to retaliate. Nothing makes me mad faster than having somebody be mad at me. Or push me around. Or, here was my mother's ploy, pretend to be irritated by someone else while pointing out my own faults. I guess she thought it would be easier on me that way, and wanted to avoid confrontation.

There. That's it. I'm back to my sunny day. Hope I didn't get sneeze all over anybody.

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532191-a-little-more-about-anger