*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532210-A-Long-Ride
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#532210 added September 2, 2007 at 12:39am
Restrictions: None
A Long Ride
We left the house this morning on the Vulcan(motorcycle) headed to Whidby Island for dinner with friends. The weather provided a good day to ride. The traffic wasn't all that bad for a holiday weekend. We weren't the only ones out on a bike today. We saw so many bikers out on the road going over and coming back.

Also, many many tourists and sight-seerers at Deception Pass. The bridge at Deception Pass is what connects Whidby Island with Fidalgo Island and Anacortes.
Going east will take you to Mount Vernon, Burlington, Cedro Woolley, and eventually to Concrete.

Dinner was great. We had the pleasure of dining on baked salmon. For dessert we had homemade blackberry cobbler topped with vanilla icecream .Yummmmy!
We visited for around four hours. Spent a lovely afternoon on their deck enjoying the view of the water of Puget Sound and the view of the Olympic Mountains.

We had to head out soon after dinner was over, because of the long ride ahead of us. It took us two hours to get back home. It's a 200 mile round trip.

We had a wonderful time, but tonight we are a couple of tired puppies.


© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532210-A-Long-Ride