*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532487-Happy-Labor-Day
Rated: E · Book · Opinion · #1310876
A Blog by an Author, for Authors about the Writing and Publishing fields.
#532487 added September 3, 2007 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
Happy Labor Day!
         Another summer has flown by us, and though it still feels like summer outside, soon we will feel the cool of fall, and see the changes of the leaves on the trees. It's a time of year that we watch the flowers die, and the trees change to a tapestry of reds and golds, as we take long walks, enjoying the days before they grow too cold.
 
         For me, fall is a very insperational time of year. I can sit for hours and watch the trees turn, their leaves falling to make a colorful carpet upon the ground, and let my mind whirl with what ever new ideas are in it. Then we move into November, otherwise known by many writers as NaNoWriMo.
 
         Some of you may know what NaNoWriMo is already, but for those of you who don't, it's a challenge that writers set on themselves during the month of November all around the US, and even in places around the world. It stands for National Novel Writers Month. The basic idea is that writers who wish to participate sign up at http://www.nanowrimo.org and then from the 1st of November to the 30th, the goal is to write 50,000 or more, which is a good length for a basic rought draft for a novel. The purpose is many fold, one being to challenge ourselves, to say 'I am going to write 50k words in 30 days' and then push ourselves to do it. Second, it encourages others who may have an idea for a novel, but arn't sure if they should realy go about writing it, for them it says 'what the heck, do it anyway!'. Then of course its just plain fun, because there are so many other writers you can network with through their forums for fun, friendship, and support. Last but not least, it is also a fund raiser, bringing in donations throughout the month, which then go building needed libraries in countries where there are none, to be centers of learning, where children can go and learn the joys of reading and writing, and there is no better gift I think, than the gift of reading.
 
         So, if you write novels, or if you write short stories and want to stretch yourself, or even if you have never considered yourself a writer before and just want to try putting your hand(and pen) to it, then join us this next November for NaNoWriMo. Who knows, you may have fun! :)
 
 
Happy Writing!
 
RD Williams
rdwilliams@writing.com
http://www.authorsden.com/robertwilliams1

© Copyright 2007 RDWilliams (UN: rdwilliams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RDWilliams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532487-Happy-Labor-Day