*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532795-National-Be-Kind-to-Editors--Writers-Month
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#532795 added September 4, 2007 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
National Be Kind to Editors & Writers Month
National be kind to Editors & Writers month
I was surfing the net for unusual September holidays and I found it was national be kind to editors and writers month. Well, I'm all for a little kindness. Spread those smiles around I say.

How about another character profile? Here's some insight into my character, Olga Romanov from "Across the Fickle Winds of History."

As the story opens, Olga is 17 and it is 1913, the last glory days of the Romanov Czar. Olga is bright and smart, and a little shy, but she definately knows her mind. When her younger sisters, Marie & Anastasia can't be found, her and Tatiana find them in the woods with 3 strangers - Paul, Ian, and Stephanie who are just a little bit older than Olga herself.

Olga is attracted Paul. After making arrangements to have Paul escort her to a ball, her and her sisters, orchestra an elaborate lie to have Paul and his friends stay in the palace so they can get to know their new friends.

Then, to Olga's surprise, her father announces he's changing the laws of succession and that he's going to allow her to come to throne if Alexis, her brother, can't. Olga is stunned by the revelation, but is very prepared to assume the task - the Duma allows the change to the law.

As the story goes on, Olga comes to question the Prime Minister, who is the driving force behind the change to the law and her friend, Paul. When tells her that his favorite is "The Time Machine," by HG Wells, Olga goes on a quest to find who he really is. The answers are surprising.





© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532795-National-Be-Kind-to-Editors--Writers-Month