*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534079-Coming-on-too-strong
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#534079 added September 9, 2007 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
Coming on too strong?
I wonder. I've been sending emails all weekend to potential references, employers, and professors from the department where I'd like to get my master degree.

The emails I sent to the professors are more than a week old and I've still gotten no reply. I tried to be as concise as I could. I did give some information about my background and what I wanted to do. I simply asked if they'd meet with me so I could talk to them more about what they do. I guess if you're not in the program already you don't exist. Funny thing is, one of the admission requirements is to have a faculty mentor willing to take you on. How exactly are you supposed to do that when the bastards don't even write you back!

I just finished detailing my plans for the next year to one of the vivarium supervisors as far as classes go. I haven't even interviewed yet and I'm listing scheduling requests. *slaps self* I also sent an email to the head of the vivaria asking for advice about how to advance to a higher level. "I'm not a certified vet tech, but I've got oodles of surgery experience and intimate knowledge of the research side of things. I think I could offer more than the standard feeding and cleaning if there is a place for me, etc."

There such a fine line between showing chuzpah and being overbearing. I never quite get it right.

Argh, I hate drifting in the wind like this! I just want this to be over!

© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534079-Coming-on-too-strong