*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534301-Conundrum
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#534301 added September 10, 2007 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
Conundrum
Hmmm...well. I went from having nothing in the pipeline jobwise to having two possibilities. I talked to the vivarium supervisor today and she seemed keen on hiring me, but there is enough red tape in HR to keep me in my better paying current job until mid to late October. I'm not complaining since it would be a job paying $20,000/yr, meaning I'd have to work myself to death at another job to make ends meet. The plus is that I'll have the flexibility to take environmental classes...if I have any energy left.

Then there's the other possibility to present itself today. I applied for clinical laboratory positions at the hospital not really expecting to get a call back. I'd always been told that special certification is required before you could even be considered. Well guess what, I've got an interview at one next Monday. The rub? 75-85% of the work is on the microscope (ick). There's also a lot of techniques I've never done before. I hear that clinical lab work pays much better than research without the ridulous funding concerns. I also hear the hours are kind of crazy, so that might make holding a second job tough to manage.

I guess the only thing to do is wait for the offers and see which one are the most appealing. Oh, and look up microarray protocols online to see if I can make sense of them.

© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534301-Conundrum