*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534135-a-funny-thing
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#534135 added September 10, 2007 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
a funny thing
A funny thing happened this morning. I don't think I explained in this blog my ordeal with trying to get the internet set up. Basically, I ordered DSL through Verizon on Aug. 23rd. They told me the ready date would be Aug. 31st. On the 31st, I moved into my new place, and late in the day I tried to hook up the computer. It wouldn't work, so the next day, I called Verizon. They had no record of my order, and I had to talk to the Sales department which wouldn't be open until Tuesday (after Labor Day weekend).

So I called on Tuesday, and they confirmed that they had no record of me at all. I ordered again and they told me the earliest it could be ready was Friday. Wednesday morning I got a message saying it wouldn't be ready until the following Monday. I called them and complained but there wasn't anything they could do. (They were going to give me free temporary dial-up, but halfway through the call, I got disconnected and I was too mad to call back right away)

Anyway, Thursday morning I got a call saying my DSL order was ready. I connected to the internet. *Laugh*

So it shouldn't surprise me when I get an email this morning saying, "I'm sorry but we were unable to hook up your DSL order to the phone line ending in 3960."

*Confused*

Problem is, that's not my number.

I don't know what's going on at Verizon, and I'm pretty sure they don't, either. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534135-a-funny-thing