*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534577-City-Sleeps
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#534577 added September 11, 2007 at 9:40pm
Restrictions: None
City Sleeps
I'm calling it now - City Sleeps is going to be huge!

They're on Trustkill Records, and I found them on Yahoo Launch recently. I first saw them a few years ago, and I've somehow managed to see them three times since then despite the fact that they're from Georgia.

https://www.myspace.com/citysleeps

When trying to decide which of their myspace songs is my favorite, I always go back and forth between "Sleep with Me," and "Not an Angel."

They remind me of The Killers just a little, but I really think it's their lead singer. He has great charisma on stage seemingly without effort, just like Brandon Flowers. I've been waiting patiently for their new album to come out, and I think the latest date is October 9th.


In other news, we got a great compliment from our current featured band, The Reagan Eighties (please check them out at https://www.myspace.com/reaganeighties). We had sent them interview questions, and though they had been a little too busy to answer and send them back, I wrote an article about them anyway. They were amazed at how well I understood what they were all about. (This isn't the first time a band has said this and it makes me happy every time) I listened to their album a ton of times (and I still am), and I read everything I could find on them (which wasn't much).

(Totally unrelated - there are a ton of sirens and stuff going off in town right now! I wonder what's going on)

Anyway, RE wants to work with us in the future, and I'm excited about working with them.

There's talk of a benefit show coming up, a subscription to our magazine so we can mail to our readers, and working with one of our very favorite local bands.

Hooray! *Delight*


© Copyright 2007 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534577-City-Sleeps