*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534324-Getting-Back-to-Writing-Daily
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#534324 added September 10, 2007 at 10:32pm
Restrictions: None
Getting Back to Writing Daily...
... even if it's just this blog. I've actually been feeling good lately but a bit at a loose end. I could get some housework done I suppose but more often than not I'll procrastinate thinking, I could spend time at the computer to write but of course, I've not been writing, video games and repeated email and web site checking happens instead and ultimately the day passes with nothing productive accomplished.

So, in the hopes of starting me back on track I've decided to return to daily blogging here. I make no promises that anything interesting will come up. I just need the commitment of daily writing and this seemed as good a place as any. I know I had planned to make The Writer's Round About a regular event but the challenge of writing something with a 'writing' topic AND sounding professional doing it slammed me into multiple writer's blocks. Fingers crossed, the action of daily writing will inspire me to return to that blog too. *Smile*

It's strange to realize how very important it is for a write to write, every day. It's amazing how flaccid I feel when I reach the end of the day having written nothing. Often it's right about 10PMish that I get an urge to get some work done and it's frustrating that I can't take advantage of that. But, as a single mother I just CAN'T write all hours of the night and expect to be functional the next day.

So, I tell myself at 10PM that I'll sit down at 10AM and write. But of course, my mind isn't in touch with writing at 10AM, it's still habitually calling at 10PM. I guess this is just a case of having to retrain that habit. Get my mind and body used to being called on to write at 10AM each day. And then I'll throw that about with days when I can't write at 10AM. *chuckles* Thus goes the endless rollercoaster. *sighs*

I’ve no idea what I’ll write about each day. I guess that’s part of the surprise. I do have a file full of prompting ideas so if I having nothing to write about I could resort to that. I know I’ve accomplished daily writing in the past, this blog has at least one entirely blue month somewhere back there. *Smile* So it’s doable.

Of course, my commitment isn’t just for writing every day here, it’s for 500 words. *sighs* This makes it a little more challenging but also more realistic. What’s the point of saying I’ll write every day if I can let myself get away with putting a single word in the entry?

Do you commit to writing every day? Does it help you keep writing and inspire you to write on various other projects? What do you write about?

*sighs* I need a plan that works. I’ve tried scheduling and task lists but ultimately they only work for a week or two while I’m sticking to it. My willpower is shocking. I guess it comes down to deciding to change. I can’t keep doing what I’ve always done because it’s getting me nowhere. So, here’s to change!

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534324-Getting-Back-to-Writing-Daily