*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534585-The-Weight-Watchers-Journey-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#534585 added September 11, 2007 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
The Weight Watchers Journey, Again!
My blog is so old that I'm pretty sure in it's earlier entries there is mention of my attending weight watchers. I really loved going to meetings each week and while it was a struggle with tears and triumphs I felt great about myself and knew I was creating a healthier, happier me. In the six months I attended I lost 15kgs (33 pounds), was only 3kgs away from goal weight and felt fantastic. I even managed to fit into a dress I hadn't worn since I was 16 to attend my father's wedding in March.

Shortly after that however my mother (and weight loss partner) started working night shifts and we could no longer manage to attend the weekly meeting. We thought we'd go it alone. After all, we'd learnt all the tips and rules and knew what we were doing. We did pretty well for a couple of months but in the year and a half since we stopped getting together to work out and I stopped tracking and then started eating things I knew wouldn't help me stay fit etc. It all stacked back on with an extra 10kgs.

But last week I finally reached the point where enough was enough. I needed to give myself a kick up the butt. Not only could I not realistically afford to keep giving in and buying take away dinners and splurging on junk food binges I had to get back on track or I'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I've never been particularly confident of my figure at the best of times but things were swiftly going down hill. I certainly didn't want to wake up some day and discover that I was peeing in a plastic bottle and so large I couldn't fit out the front door.

Ok, so things weren't really THAT drastic but I knew if I kept doing what I was doing it wouldn't take more than a couple of years for me to get there. Anyway, I splurged when I really shouldn't and recommitted myself to Weight Watchers. My mother is still working night shifts so I'm doing it alone this time and opted for the online option since I can't get to the weekly meeting.

It's a challenge but again, I've only been back on track for a week. I'm having to remember what's good for me and what isn't and relearn how to avoid the temptations of sweets and junk. Take away still looks so tempting and it's so much easier than having to cook. But no, I stand firm and I stocked up on frozen dinners and easy to prepare meals and preprepared a few others so that when exhaustion or illness strike me down I won't need to order Dominos.

So, back to walking every day. Back to behaving when it comes to food options. Back to keeping track of what I eat and thinking ahead for what I'll prepare at meal times. Back to drinking plenty of water. Back on the road to a happier, healthier me.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534585-The-Weight-Watchers-Journey-Again