*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534505-Remembering-911
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#534505 added September 11, 2007 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Remembering 9/11
I just wanted to take some time out to remember Sept. 11th, 2001.

In Rememberance:

Saddened hearts,
a nation mourning.
Yet out of a tragedy,
heroes are born, and
heroes we must never forget.

Sept. 11th, 2001 found me in front of the computer like I am today. Back then it was 9 am PST time and I had the TV on in the family room. My husband was upstairs sleeping. I was three months pregnant with my first child. As I was typing away, updating my internet sites, the background noise caught my attention. I raced out the family and watched the TV, stunned. How could this have happened. I went upstairs and got my husband up, so he could see what was going on. We were wondering what kind of world was this turning into?

Several firefighters and police officers from LA went out to New York to help. There was so much kindess down in the dispatch room. Hopefully, another tragedy can be avoided. Like Dec 7th, for my grandparents generation and Nov 22nd for my parent's generation, Sept 11 will forever be with me.

If anyone would like to share their thoughts and comments, I'd love to read them.

Steph

© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534505-Remembering-911