*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534795-15-Things-To-Do-Before-I-Die
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#534795 added September 12, 2007 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
15 Things To Do Before I Die.
*ponders* This list was surprisingly challenging to make. Do you have a list of your own? [Notes: Credit goes to ♥~HermyKitteh~♥ for the idea.}

1. Raise my beautiful kids to adulthood.
         - I'd like to do a good job of it too, with children who are happy, healthy and confident, make friends easily, hold down a job they love, marry for love but not too early, have children [after they're married], own their own home, and graduate with a good education.

2. Be happy and healthy in my old age so I can enjoy my grandchildren.
         - I guess this one kind of goes along with raising my kids. I'd like to live to an age where I can enjoy them in my dotage. Of course, this one I don't have much control over so perhaps it's not something I want to "DO" so much.

3. Write and have published multiple books that readers adore.
         - More specifically fantasy novels. But perhaps I'll release a poetry book or two and a couple of non-fiction books as well. Of course, the first of these books will be The Flight of Torque. *Smile*

4. Do at least one book tour, preferrably one for every book.
         - I love the idea of travelling around the country or even the world promoting my books, doing live readings, book signings, smiling at press, and trying to ignore all the protestors.

5. Travel - particularly to the US and Ireland.
         - The two places I've most wanted to visit. I've grown to love my home country. There is no place like it. By my genetic history and roots are in Ireland. I'd love the opportunity to experience that country and perhaps understand why I feel a kinship with it. I'd also love to visit and perhaps live in the US for a time, it seems like a fantastic opportunity for a writer and there are so many people there I truly care about.

6. Get a degree in English.
         - This is one of my most challenging "DO"s. I'd need to get my high school equivelency to even get into college and a Masters degree is not easy to get, especially since I went the family route first. Still, I'm determined it must be possible and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to study language and literature in depth.

7. Make at least a million dollars.
         - Preferrably by selling books. But I wouldn't go against winning the lotto either. Having lived pretty much all of my life here on the poverty line it would be nice to have enough in my bank to feel like I'm not scrimping for basics.

8. Buy a boat - and use it regularly to go fishing or cruising.
         - The connection to freedom and abundance has this image of a boat in my mind. I've always loved the water, I travel well on it and have a fascination for marine life. I love to go fishing, even if we catch nothing but don't get to do so very often and never have from a boat before (I've only been riverbank fishing).

9. Become a patron of the arts and attend multiple premier live theatre (ballet, plays, dance, comedy, etc.)
         - One of the things I'd love to invest in as a millionaire is 'the arts'. Particularly theatre. I'd like to sponsor poverty challenged dancers and actors to give them the opportunity to learn and succeed with their passion. And of course have the chance to watch these live performances as often as possible.

I'd also like to develope a writers retreat, the sort of place people like me will be sponsored to attend. A place that does regular weekly, fortnightly, or even monthly events with cottages and an events center. Like a luxary resort, for writers who want to write and learn to write.

10. Learn multiple languages (italian, french, and spanish).
         - I've attempted to learn languages and always struggle a great deal. I've a passion for English so getting my head around the strange intricasies of other languages is daunting. Still, I've not given up. I want to learn these three languages.

11. Learn to play the violin, beautifully.
         - This one I've kind of put aside again. I've even been thinking of selling my violin because I just can't afford professional lessons and since I can't even TUNE the darn thing there is no point trying to teach myself how to play.

12. Learn to play the piano, with every intricate detail.
         - This one is waiting for me to be able to afford a REAL piano. I practice on the keyboard but I just can't get the hang of pressure on that thing. And I don't practice often enough either. I'm great at the songs I've learnt by heart but it's so hard to learn knew songs that I actually ENJOY playing.

13. Take my family on a long camping holiday to explore and survive in the wonders of nature. (Preferrably in Australia)
         - I had a similar opportunity when I was younger, with Dad taking his family and me south on an 8 day trip. We weren't camping however, as we had a fully furnished bus instead. It was fun and an experience I'll never forget. I want something similar for my kids, but with the lessons on how to survive in the outback to go with them, from navigating by sun or stars to knowing what's safe to eat and how to get water etc.

14. Have a 'fairytale' wedding (white dress, seats, big fancy reception and all [perhaps even period fashions and medieval theme])
         - Well I'm a girl, got to make sure I have a truly girly fantasy don't I? Yes, someday I'd really love to have a fairytale wedding. I know, something for the wish list that might never come to pass but there's no point not having it on my list.

15. Make love in the ocean.
         - Something I've not done but read about. It SOUNDS fantastic, to be part of the sea and my partner. So *blushes* Yeah...


There you go 15 things. I could probably think of more but I'm already running late for getting my daughter to school. OPPS!!!

*runs*

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/534795-15-Things-To-Do-Before-I-Die