*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535607-member-of-the-ivy-league
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#535607 added September 16, 2007 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
member of the ivy league?
At the beginning of the summer, our church had a dinner and silent auction to earn money for scholarships for seniors graduating from high school. Bill offered several plane rides, one hour sightseeing trips around the city.

We bought/won four hours of yard work from a boy and his dad, eight hours total, and today was the day. The weather was perfect for yard work, 72 degrees and clear, and the father and son team came over about 3 o'clock.

Bill can't stand to have someone working by themselves, so he had to help, and so of course I did too. They cut down ivy that was growing up into our trees, and I bagged it: ten 39 gallon bags. 390 gallons of ivy. Whew! There's actually still more to pick up, but we were done in, and there were no more grass bags. *Smile*

Now, after a gin and tonic and some Nutri-System ravioli, I've got my feet up and feel better. This is the beginning of the third week of that diet, and Bill has lost about ten pounds. I've only lost a couple, which is discouraging, but also an excuse not to order more of this stuff. I think I can duplicate the meals with fresh food cheaper and certainly tastier. I'll need to keep the portions small and package them some how so that we'll stick to eating less.

And you're right: gin and tonics aren't part of the System, even with diet tonic. Maybe they should try freeze drying some of those too!

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535607-member-of-the-ivy-league