*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536301-I-really-want
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#536301 added September 19, 2007 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
I really want
To read the official sequel of Peter Pan...which is Peter Pan in scarlet...

Should be interesting to say the least. I find that I like the book far better then the cartoon, the disney version, or the people version. Peter Pan seems...so....selfish. Innocent, yes...charming yes...happy yes...but selfish, a coward, and oh so scared. And I like that. It seems everytime he goes out into the real world, this feelings assault him more. Or maybe, they just attacked him when Wendy came and pretended to be a mother.

Either way, when Wendy wasn't involved, he was happy and innocent, and....still selfish. I guess everything to him was a game. And he had such a short memory span. Able to forget people in mere minutes. Weird.

No wonder Captain Hook hated him. But then again, I have a feeling that captain hook was also ver jealous of him. Maybe Hook wanted that same fancy--to treat everything like a game and not have to worry about what people thought, or the consequnces of your actions.

All through out the book, he seemed so absorbed in good and bad form....he was obssessed with following things by the rules, to....in a sense be some type of a gentleman, and it seems to me that he longed for the freedom to let that go and enjoy himself like Peter. Cause make no mistake, because Peter treated everything like a Game, killing Pirates apparently, was ok to him. It wasn't WRONG--becuase it was a game. And because he was good and they were bad.

Sort of like a video game....you kill people in it...but its just a "GAME" I guess Peter treats it that way too.

It seems that he WANTS to have a mother a family--but he's so afraid of growing up that he's willing never to have that comfort. Because growing up, and realizing that everything IS'NT a game....would be.....awful to him I guess.

How weird am I? Heh I don't know if the writer wanted to imply those feelings...but I sure felt it that way But then again, thats the beauty of books---there are some things that are obvious...and then, there are other things which you can take however you want.

I personally want to write something....a novel I guess, from Hook's view all through out the book....how he hunted Peter, how he battled the indians, how he planned....how...DEPERATE he was to not only destroy Peter physically, but spiritually...and how happy he was, even as he was falling to his death, he took the pleasure that, instead of stabbing him as would have been good form, Peter kicked him...which was bad form....which didn't seem to phase Peter anyways....

© Copyright 2007 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536301-I-really-want