*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536686-The-Letter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Saint
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1320829
This is a book based on my life. Real characters, real events.
#536686 added September 26, 2007 at 2:55pm
Restrictions: None
The Letter
"Wake up!"

The voice came out of nowhere and pulled Micahel out of his dream. Feeling disappointed that he did not get to finish driving the Shelby GT500 that he had somehow obtained in his dream, he slipped out of bed and shot an evil glare at his dad, although his dad couldn't tell it was a rude gesture, he just thought he was getting up and had tired eyes. Michael wasn't tired though, he was filled with energy for the day because he fell asleep happy. This book was getting very exciting, Brian and Madeline were about to meet for the first time! Michael thought he would get up and ready quickly so he could get in a few chapters before school, he was going to finish this book tonight.

School was boring. It was a B day and Michael had no classes that interested him. Advanced PE was losing it's point, because all they were doing was playing games. He had goals to acheive this year. London was fast approaching and he had to be in tip top shape for the jams that he would be participating in. For about a year now, Michael had been following the new hype in Europe known as "Parkour," or "The art of movement," in french. It's pretty much just going rooftop to rooftop, or physically going over any obstical in your way to get to your destination in the most efficient way. It is very hard on your body, but it gets you into the best shape of your life. But advanced PE just wasn't doing it for him right now, so he decided to leave the main gym, and go by himself into the auxillary gym, to go stretch and do pullups. Four sets of fifteen, both styles.

Flex was alright, he just read his book the whole time. Michael has two favorite authors; Ted Dekker, and Orson Scott Card. He was reading Card's "Shadow of the Hegemon." It was based on the "Ender's Game" series, also by Card. These books are based in the future, where kids were monitored from birth, to become brilliant military minds. Few made it through though. They were either too weak, or they weren't smart enough. Ender had passed with flying colors, and he was sent to ground school, then battle school, which was up in space. There, they learned how to command armies and figure out the best military strategies. Ender was the youngest there, but he was the best. He never lost. Michael loved these types of books, but for some reason, at the moment he would rather be reading the latest comment or message from his mystery girl.

Early release was a lifesaver that day. History had almost put him to sleep, and it would have succeeded had he not had his book. He found that learning about the past, although very helpful to some in fixing the mistakes of the future, seemed a bit tedious and remedial. He didn't like it at all. He was very good at it though. He knew things that through even the teacher for a loop. Like why it would be the most beneficial for the world to live under a common government. That way, we don't need to go to war with one another because we think that they are doing things wrong. So either do it all the same and have no one complain, or leave everyone else alone and not worry about how many fuck ups they tend to have daily. We aren't perfect either, if what we did was really the correct thing to do, then we wouldn't have a split party system, no one would side against another based on religeous ideas and who can sling the most mud. Sometimes it vexes him that he doesn't involve himself in politics, but he just finds the whole concept boring and pointless, since it will all change in 4-8 years anyway. Or if the president is a stupid bastard, then they might get impeached. Well, we can only hope for so much.

"Hey guys I'm home!"

Michael really didn't care if they knew or not, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to let them know. It was time to get ready for another night of work. Everything was already laid out from this morning because he wanted to come home and get right to the book.

There were only 6 chapters left, and Brian had just met Madeline for the first time. "This is going to be a great ending he thought." Again, little did he know what awaited at the end of this amazing story. He read through one chapter and then decided he would wait till he got home to finish. He wanted to be thinking about it constantly at work, playing out endings and thinking of ways to continue it based on the ending. See, Michael is one of those people, who, when he is reading a really good book, he doesn't want it to just end, or if it does, then he expects there to be a sequel. Either way, it's disappointing when you have put so much time into something that you love, and then it just ends.

Work was fun that night. At least after Nicolia got there. They just sat around discussing things, telling jokes, and eating pizza. Mike Nicolia had been working at Guitar Center for 7 years. He was middle aged, and he had a very good habit of being an ass at just the right time. Most people didn't like him, and he didn't like a lot of the customers that came in, so he just made fun of them behind their backs, and then would be really straight foreward witht hem if they asked what he deemed to be a stupid question. Michael loved working with him because he like Michael, and he would always crack Michael up when he told a customer to leave. So it was just that and hang out until the store closed.

It was time. The conclusion of the story that had engulfed him was coming to an end tonight. With his bowl of hamburger Helper almost done, he made his way to the computer room and opened up Firefox. A night of horror and sadness was about to begin.
He opened myspace and saw that he had a message from the girl. His response to her message was that they should hang out sometime. After all, she did live in Pennsylvainia and it was only about a 3 hour drive. He then started to read, letting the darkness take hold.
© Copyright 2007 Saint (UN: kurij at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Saint has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/536686-The-Letter